none
app-v 5 package upgrade

    Question

  • How this app-v 5 and package upgrade should work? (idont understand)

    1. sequencing appv5 package example "adobe reader 9"

    2. publish with appv5

    3. open "adobe reader 9" package for upgrade

    4. little changes to package

    5. save it to "adobe reader 9"

    6. copy new "adobe reader 9" package to content (override old)

    7. publish this new "adobe reader 9_2.appv" package

    8. client does not get it, only event errors like:

    eventid:19104

    Part or all packages publish failed.
     published: 3
     failed: 1 
    Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

    eventid:1008

    Package {da7702f4-b6d0-4fc1-a71c-12f2f1ab461f} version {c252de22-358c-4730-9f37-9a234c15a37a} failed configuration in folder 'C:\ProgramData\App-V\DA7702F4-B6D0-4FC1-A71C-12F2F1AB461F\C252DE22-358C-4730-9F37-9A234C15A37A' with error 0x4C401C0C-0x80070005.

    what i do wrong, i also tried to save upgrade with different name and publish that. no answer, same issue

    Monday, November 26, 2012 6:30 PM

Answers

  • After a process of elimination we found the cause (or so it seems): folder redirection of the Appdata folder. As soon as we disabled that, the problems went away. I am however not convinced this is the sole cause, as I could not replicate the problem in a separate test environment with the folder redirection enabled. So it could be a combination of causes.

    We switched to Citrix Profile Management for the appdata folder now, which seems to be working fine.

    Monday, January 14, 2013 11:12 AM

All replies

  • Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:19 PM
  • We did as described in instructions
    Friday, November 30, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Hello,

    I suggest you open a call with Microsoft Support. I am assuming that the sync operation works if you are doing it as a local administrator (on the endpoint)

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution for this? We are experiencing the same problem... At first, everything seems to be working fine, I can publish packages, testusers can start the applications without problems. Then I update a package, unpublish the old version and publish the new one and then it starts going wrong.

    First I get event 1008 in the event log (Package {17372933-a694-4e54-86d3-1455b5f7e8c0} version {d963ff4b-b0e3-454e-b4e8-49e0535a8940} failed configuration in folder 'D:\App-V\17372933-A694-4E54-86D3-1455B5F7E8C0\D963FF4B-B0E3-454E-B4E8-49E0535A8940' with error 0x4C401C0C-0x800700B7.)

    Then event 19104 and 19105 on every refresh (manual or on logon). This only happens with standard users, it admins have no problems at all.

    Event 19104:

    Part or all packages publish failed.
     published: 0
     failed: 2
    Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

    Event 19105:

    Part or all packages un-publish failed.
     un-published: 0
     failed: 2
    Please check the error events of 'Unpublish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

    We're using the App-V 5 RDS Client as it is a Xenapp 6.5 environment. Any tips are welcome!

    Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:58 AM
  • After a process of elimination we found the cause (or so it seems): folder redirection of the Appdata folder. As soon as we disabled that, the problems went away. I am however not convinced this is the sole cause, as I could not replicate the problem in a separate test environment with the folder redirection enabled. So it could be a combination of causes.

    We switched to Citrix Profile Management for the appdata folder now, which seems to be working fine.

    Monday, January 14, 2013 11:12 AM
  • No solution yet, we reported this issue to manufacturer :) and (if i understand right) they are doing fix for this.

    Monday, January 14, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Same issue here as well - a package with multiple versions is not upgrading as expected, or if I clear the cache the app is not publishing at all upon logon.  Apps without multiple versions are behaving as expected.

    Creating a batch file with this:

    powershell.exe -Command "net stop AppVClient; net start AppVClient; Get-AppvPublishingServer | Sync-AppvPublishingServer; Get-AppvClientApplication"
    pause

    ..and running as an administrative user does publish the latest version of the package as expected.


    • Edited by arthurc604 Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:53 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hello,

    Still encourage you to follow my last suggestion in this thread;

    I suggest you open a call with Microsoft Support.


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:37 PM
  • yes, we got this fix and it works. we have also runned three more annoying bugs - concerning converting and management issues. hope these issues also fixed... :)
    • Proposed as answer by RorymonMVP Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:02 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:33 PM