none
Office 2010 and App-V - The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Answers

  • znack,

    Appreciate the response, as always.  You're all over these forums.  The person from the thread you referenced above is having a similar issue.  He asserts that the paths for the applications aren't reflecting the new asset directories when saving as a new package.

    I can confirm that the sequencer updates the asset directories, except for the Control Panel mail proxy (which was hard coded to begin with), so I updated this one manually.

    I didn't make any changes to the sequence when saving the package as new, so the initial package should be the same as the final package.  I did double check and update all references to the asset directory. 

    Client logs and sequencing logs don't indicate any smoking gun, but I don't have the details turned on in full and don't have the time to sift through tons of debugging information.

    I'm thinking about raising this issue with Microsoft through our own support channels to determine whether if this is a bug or if there is something I can do to fix...


    MCITP Windows 7 MCTS Windows Server 2008
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:46 PM

All replies

  • I have managed to install office 2007 and 2010 pro from a windows xp 32bit vm image. both run on windows xp and win 7 64bit.

     

    I used this for office 2010

     

    http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=153

     

    In the most basic terms i did the following

     

    Installed the office dev pack with the correct  flag (msiexec /i offvirt.msi 32-bit:ADDLOCAL=Click2runmapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_core PROPLUS=1)

     

    i have a 64bit i push out via gpo for the windows 7 machines

     

    started the sequencer

    installed office to the same folder you started the sequencer in (8.3 file format folder)

    opened each application before stopping the sequencer.

    stopped the sequencer

    removed shortcuts i didnt want.

    launched them all again then finalised the package.

    I then opened the package back up to upgrade (as im using a vmware image so need to upgrade for new guid)

    ran through it again. and save as ( ticked the box)

     

     

    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:38 PM
  • Scott,

    Thank you for replying.  The link you referenced is an excellent write up, but its date goes back to February, which is when Office 2010 was in Beta.  The prescriptive guidance has changed since the beta, and I'm currently sequencing using the prescriptive guidance from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462.  I've been through this drill many times already and have no problem incorporating the proxies for Office 2010 or upgrading other packages.

    Reason for my issue is that I have an Office 2010 production package that I would like to carry over as a testing package (i.e. create new GUID).  Instead of sequencing a test package from scratch, I would like my testing package to be as identical as possible as my production package.

    Again, when I run a "Saved As New" package of Office 2010 on my clients, I receive an error message indicating "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application." 

    Has anyone been able to successfully delivered a "Saved as New" package for Office 2010 with proxies?


    MCITP Windows 7 MCTS Windows Server 2008
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:21 PM
  • znack,

    Appreciate the response, as always.  You're all over these forums.  The person from the thread you referenced above is having a similar issue.  He asserts that the paths for the applications aren't reflecting the new asset directories when saving as a new package.

    I can confirm that the sequencer updates the asset directories, except for the Control Panel mail proxy (which was hard coded to begin with), so I updated this one manually.

    I didn't make any changes to the sequence when saving the package as new, so the initial package should be the same as the final package.  I did double check and update all references to the asset directory. 

    Client logs and sequencing logs don't indicate any smoking gun, but I don't have the details turned on in full and don't have the time to sift through tons of debugging information.

    I'm thinking about raising this issue with Microsoft through our own support channels to determine whether if this is a bug or if there is something I can do to fix...


    MCITP Windows 7 MCTS Windows Server 2008
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:46 PM