none
Another question...this time about App-V and RDS

Question

• I was able to get App-V to work on a server/client environment.

Now, my next lab is to use RDS and App-V. Can someone point me to the right documentation on how to do this, please? (The only document I found was the App-V Remote Desktop Services.docx; however, it doesn't have the information I need to get this to work).

Friday, March 09, 2012 9:04 PM

Answers

• What are you trying to get working? There's nothing really special that you need to do for RDS.

See the Microsoft Application Virtualization Getting Started Guide

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 09, 2012 9:42 PM
  • That scenario will work - you would install and configure the App-V client just like you would on a desktop and configure it for applications from the Management Server as well as streaming (although you may want to pre-cache these dependent on the size of your implementation).

Are your applications not being published and streamed?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 19, 2012 9:59 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to get working? There's nothing really special that you need to do for RDS.

See the Microsoft Application Virtualization Getting Started Guide

Friday, March 09, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Basically, I'm trying to present App-V applications to a RDS farm, and I was wondering if there was anything specific for such a setup.
    Monday, March 19, 2012 3:43 PM
  • You'll have to be more specific about what you're trying to do - what are you looking to achieve (execution on RDS, delivery of packages etc), what have you attempted thus far and if so, what issues ar you having.

Also see these search queries for existing threads on RDS and RemoteApp with App-V topics:

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:53 PM
  • My apologies for the lack of specifics.

I'd like to be able to execute App-V applications on a RDS session (in my lab currently I have a RDS farm configured with 2 session host servers (RDSH1 & RDSH2) and a connection broker (RDBROKER1)). In other words, users that login to the RDS farm should have application icons presented by the App-V management server.

What I've done so far. I have a working App-V hosting for desktop, so I'm assuming that the App-V management server (APPV1) can be used by the RDS farm to display any applications managed by this management server - unless my assumption is incorrect.

I've also installed the App-V client on both session hosts and the client points to the management server (APPV1) I mentioned earlier.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:51 PM
  • That scenario will work - you would install and configure the App-V client just like you would on a desktop and configure it for applications from the Management Server as well as streaming (although you may want to pre-cache these dependent on the size of your implementation).

Are your applications not being published and streamed?

Monday, March 19, 2012 9:59 PM
  • That worked, thanks!

Quick question though. I had to add "Domain Admins" to the Access Permissions group in order for my test applications to show up for users using RDS, even though these users with RDS access were also members of the AppV Users group (the AppV Users AD group has access to the applications in my App-V test environment). As soon as I added Domain Admins to the AppV Users group and I did a "Refresh Server", the apps showed up on the session host servers.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:51 PM
  • How is your Provider Policy configured? App-V FAQ: What are Providers Policies?

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:27 AM