none
CSIDL variable for setting WORKINGDIR to MyComputer

Question

• Is there a %CSIDL_xxx% variable we can use to parse to the "My Computer"-view? (with all drives)?

Currently I like to use %CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS% as default workingdirectory for most of my packages. But for some applications MyComputer would be better. Basically it's most used for setting the default path in File > Open.

On Technet I found this: %CSIDL_DRIVES%.

But when I use this in my OSD file, the App-V client doesn't recognize the variable. (Error: The direcory is invalid 39-0000010B). Other %CSIDL_xxx% variables from the page on Technet does work, like %CSIDL_DESKTOP%, %CSIDL_FAVORITES% and %CSIDL_MYMUSIC%.

Is there a CSIDL_MyComputer variable we can use in OSD-files?

(App-V 4.6 SP1 and SP2 clients on Windows 7 x64 SP1)

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:27 AM

All replies

• CSIDL_DRIVES is not a real path on the file system, so I doubt that you could use this as a working directory.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, February 01, 2013 10:00 AM