none
Attached a document to a task

Dotaz

• When a task is assigned to a person they go to the task and fill out the task form. In the top ribbon all the options are grayed out like “Attach File”. How do I make those options available to attach a file?

24. srpna 2011 14:22

Odpovědi

• First check the Advanced Settings for the list.

1. From the List Tools Ribbon, select the List Tab
    2. From the Settings group of the List Tab, select List Settings
    3. Under General Settings of the List Settings page, select Advanced Settings
    4. Find the Attachments section (should be the 4th section from the top), For the "Attachements to list items are:" select the Enabled radio button.

The Attach File link should work now.

Hope that helps

Tamara Bredemus SharePoint Minion...working up to Maven
    24. srpna 2011 14:33

Všechny reakce

• First check the Advanced Settings for the list.

1. From the List Tools Ribbon, select the List Tab
    2. From the Settings group of the List Tab, select List Settings
    3. Under General Settings of the List Settings page, select Advanced Settings
    4. Find the Attachments section (should be the 4th section from the top), For the "Attachements to list items are:" select the Enabled radio button.

The Attach File link should work now.

Hope that helps

24. srpna 2011 14:33
  • Go to List Settings-> Advance Settings and verify

"Attachments to list items are" enabled or disabled. It needs to be enabled.

24. srpna 2011 14:36
  • It was aready selected as "Enabled" but i tryed again and it still is not working, anymore suggestions? 

24. srpna 2011 14:52
  • To explain myself further:

If I "Add New Item" to task list I am able to attach a file.

however when a task is assigned to a person through a workflow I can not add a attachment.

When I open the task to edit the "Attach Item" is grayed out?

24. srpna 2011 14:58
  • Did you create the workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010?

Did you customize the EditForm.aspx page for the Task List? 

24. srpna 2011 15:19
  • I did create the workflow in Designer 2010

As I said early I very new at SharePoint, I have not customized the EditForm.aspx, i know how to get there but what is this?

24. srpna 2011 16:11
  • No prob with the being new to SharePoint thing...we all were new once AND there are so many aspects to deal with in SharePoint, sometimes I think it's all new every time I open the darn thing.

Customizing the EditForm in Sharepoint Designer 2010 allows you to change what fields are available on the EditForm and some of the look and feel of the form. You could also do this with InfoPath 2010.

I just created an SPD 2010 List Workflow on the OOB Tasks List that set the value of "Assigned to" to created by. Set the WF to kickoff when new item was created.

Created new item, WF fired, Edited task and was able to attach a file.

Try this just for a test

1. Create a new Task List on the same site using the OOB Task List Template.
    2. Create a new item.
    3. Edit the item and see if you can attach a file.
    4. If you can attach a file attach the SPD WF to the new Tasks List or recreate the List WF in SPD for the new Tasks List.
    5. Retest
    6. If you can still attach a file, compare the New Tasks List EditForm.aspx with the Old Tasks List EditForm.aspx.
    7. If they have the same colors and fields, I'm out of options.
    8. If you see a difference, the Old Tasks List's EditForm might have been customized.

I've seen issues with Attaching files after a list form has been customized using SPD 2007, but haven't tried it in SPD 2010.

Hope this helps.

24. srpna 2011 16:47
  • I have one last question for you

I am customizing my form for that task right now. When I add a text box to my form what does the Data Field: mean? 

24. srpna 2011 17:08
  • Ah Ha! This may be the issue with the Attach file. Service Pack 1 should fix this issue.

Please email me a screen cap at tamara@mindsharp.com

• Navržen jako odpověď JP1111 14. června 2012 17:14
    24. srpna 2011 17:38
  • I too was wondering why the Attachment option did not automatically appear in the Task form ribbon after it was enabled in the Task List options.

Alternate approach: It does appear that while viewing the List items of the Task List, that there is an Attachment option is in the Task List ribbon (when the user checks off the List Item of choice).

Alas, I am wondering how to review an attachment that is in a Task. Ok, after making an Attachment, I can see the paperclip reference on the Task Item. Wondering how a user can view the attachments made???

jp

• Upravený JP1111 14. června 2012 17:37
    14. června 2012 17:17