none
windows 7 is stuck every couple of days

Dotaz

• Hello,

i have a new machine with windows 7.

i have noticed that every 2-3 days the machine is stuck.

it doesn't respond to keyboard and mouse.

i have to reboot the machine.

i have read in forums that it may be due to media files.

i have removed WMP, but it doesn't work.

it is still stuck

please assist.

Eran

23. ledna 2011 9:02

Odpovědi

• Hi Eran,
    I'd agree with Mike's anecdotal evidence here: it's likely your antivirus or possibly some other background task that is hanging (possibly even malware itself). What antivirus program are you using?

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    23. ledna 2011 16:42

Všechny reakce

• ya I used to have this problem (win7 64 asus p5c dlx q9450 4gb) but it's gone lately. I will get it rarely after a powerdown or reset. problem: after boot win stalls (appears like busy but system activity not preset in system manager) I switched antivirus it seemed to help but I'm not convinced it's really the culprit. Other possibilities are incorrect bios settings (especially power save and cpu scaling). You can try to turn cpu power saving options off (see mb manual).
    23. ledna 2011 14:53
  • Hi Eran,
    I'd agree with Mike's anecdotal evidence here: it's likely your antivirus or possibly some other background task that is hanging (possibly even malware itself). What antivirus program are you using?

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    23. ledna 2011 16:42