25. července 2012 18:42
I have noticed some inconsistency with Microsoft’s reporting of definition version on their website?
The customer I am at tracks versions for their SOX reports.
Issues with the website..
- No easy way to look at a version list. Have to go to each version in the drop down on the change log page
- The page is very inconsistent. I have seen different results when refreshing as if they are load balancing and the servers are not consistent.
I originally wrote a script that saves the page as a .txt file then pulls the version from this field and logs it to a file
But it was not reliable and had the potential to show different versions..
Then I switched it to pull the version from this field as it seemed more reliable
I have been running the script as an hourly scheduled task on my laptop for a while now and I am realizing that the version under the Definition change log section of the page hasn’t changed in 7 days.. It still shows 18.104.22.168 and the current definition is 1.131.649.0
I also have a log that manually downloads the file then checks the version but they need an external verifiable source per their policy.
Anyone have a better idea for a stable external source for the version information?
- Upravený Akellar 25. července 2012 18:44 formatting
26. července 2012 9:16Moderátor
30. července 2012 2:16Moderátor
The issue is fixed. The latest Definition version/change log update to 1.131.943.0.
TechNet Community Support
- Označen jako odpověď Rick TanModerator 30. července 2012 2:17