none
E-Mail Notification sharepoint Designer 2010

Dotaz

• Dear All,

Here my requirment is

In a sharepoint list i have one column Project End Date based on that date automatically send an E-Mail to iten created person.

Please Help me

Thanks & Regards

Jithendar

18. března 2012 14:36

Odpovědi

• I have seen a few different ways to handle this, maybe you could do it like this:

Without using code you could have a second supporting list where you will copy thoose items where "Today" = "Project end date" on this list you will have a WF to send the notification. So how will we do this?

Build a Powershell script to copy items from list1 to list2 if "Today" = "Project end date". Schedule this script with the Task scheduler. On list2 set up a WF to run when a new item is created to send a notification.

I even think it's possible to target a specific view of a list with Powershell. This way you could have a view in list1 that only have items with today's date.

I am no good in Powershell so you will have to find out that by your self, sorry. :)

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

18. března 2012 17:15
  • You could have a workflow that only runs when an item is CHANGED.

First step is to check to see if the Project End Date has been filled in. You cannot use "is empty" on a date field, so you will have to set up another field on the list to keep track of the date so that you have something to compare to. (I usually call these something like "DirtyProjectEndDate.") Compare the Project End Date field to the DirtyProjectEndDate field. If they are equal, then you stop the workflow.

If they are not equal, (imagine, if the change to the item has been that someone entered a Project End Date, then Dirty will be empty and the real field will not be) then send out your email.

Second step is to update the DirtyProjectEndDate field with the value that is in Project End Date and stop the workflow. This is so that the next time it runs, it will hit the first condition and stop.

Marlene Lanphier MCTS

18. března 2012 21:32

Všechny reakce

• I have seen a few different ways to handle this, maybe you could do it like this:

Without using code you could have a second supporting list where you will copy thoose items where "Today" = "Project end date" on this list you will have a WF to send the notification. So how will we do this?

Build a Powershell script to copy items from list1 to list2 if "Today" = "Project end date". Schedule this script with the Task scheduler. On list2 set up a WF to run when a new item is created to send a notification.

I even think it's possible to target a specific view of a list with Powershell. This way you could have a view in list1 that only have items with today's date.

I am no good in Powershell so you will have to find out that by your self, sorry. :)

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

18. března 2012 17:15
  • You could have a workflow that only runs when an item is CHANGED.

First step is to check to see if the Project End Date has been filled in. You cannot use "is empty" on a date field, so you will have to set up another field on the list to keep track of the date so that you have something to compare to. (I usually call these something like "DirtyProjectEndDate.") Compare the Project End Date field to the DirtyProjectEndDate field. If they are equal, then you stop the workflow.

If they are not equal, (imagine, if the change to the item has been that someone entered a Project End Date, then Dirty will be empty and the real field will not be) then send out your email.

Second step is to update the DirtyProjectEndDate field with the value that is in Project End Date and stop the workflow. This is so that the next time it runs, it will hit the first condition and stop.

Marlene Lanphier MCTS

18. března 2012 21:32