10. června 2012 8:21I tried to troublwshoot a problem where transaction logs growing rapidly. I used ExMon to get some idea, but somehow the Log Bytes, Bytes in, and Bytes Out always show 0 (zero) for all users. Any idea why? It's making it hard to tell which users is chewing the transaction logs space.
10. června 2012 22:51Moderátor
What about the other columns. Do the show activity? Exmon automatically refreshes after you start it, so you have to wait a bit to see anything.
11. června 2012 11:03sorry clicked on Marked as Answer by mistake. yes other columns showed activities (CPU, etc). I did set the refresh time to 15 minutes, but still got zeroes on those columns. it's Exchange 2010 SP1 by the way.
14. června 2012 3:18Moderátor
Please Check the version of Exmon that you are using, it should be the latest one, if not, it will not support SP1, you could download from the below link
Any way, if it is still not working, I got another suggestion that might be work, set the Limit (Quota) of all your mailboxes into a lower size, and check which mailbox got full quickly.
TechNet Community Support
14. června 2012 4:45
thanks zi feng, i am already using that version.
your suggestion sounds reasonable, but it's probably not applicable to our environment. any other ideas?
14. června 2012 4:47in addition to that, it's no point to check which mailbox growth quickly because the mailbox or mailbox database itself doesn't grow at all. it's just the transaction log files grow rapidly.
7. července 2012 7:57
Hi Ethan, Did you ever find out what was consuming your tlogs rapidly?
22. července 2012 22:57
Hi Smappy, not really. since the Exmon doesn't really work for me and I needed to resolve the problem quickly I just shoot in the dark. Once I changed the log mode to circular mode, obviously the logs cleaned up. when i turned it back on to normal logging, somehow the log files stopped growing.
but again, my question about Exmon remains unanswered.
5. srpna 2012 0:52
For me at least, I had data in the Log Bytes and for two users they were pretty high - so we knew where to go this time. But I don't think this will cover for all scenarios for tlog consumtion.
Strange that you had no data...I know you know, but you did run Exmon on the mailbox role right? I mean if you have a large environment it can be easy to accidentally work on the wrong node.
- Označen jako odpověď ethan10 4. září 2012 6:25