15. srpna 2009 23:25My print spooler is having problems. It will not recognize my printer and when I go to Task Manager I can see the spoolsv.exe keeps stopping and restarting every few seconds. I've deleted my print driver and did a system restore to a month ago, just to make sure I hadn't downloaded anything that could be causing it. I'm running XP Pro on a Dell Inspiron laptop. It's making me a little crazy!
Thank you so much for your help.
18. srpna 2009 8:17Hi,
you are probably facing the following problem KB947477.This KB article also applies to XP.If you remove a printer driver over the server properties in printer and faxes mostly rests (DLL's) of the printer driver remains.
Therefore you should first check to be sure that all the printer driver components has been removed properly.
First stop and disable the print spooler service. To do click Start Menu> Run > Service.msc and find the "Printer Spooler Service".Stop and disable it.
After that search for the following components and remove it.
- Hpbmmon.dll (HP Master Monitor) Search under C:\Windows\System32\spool
- Hpzpi4wm.dll (HP Print Processor) Search under C:\Windows\System32\spool
- Hpzpp4wm.dll (HP Print Processor) Search under C:\Windows\System32\spool
- HPtcpMon.dll (HP TCP Port monitor) > HP save this files C:\Windows\System32 instead of the spool folder
- Aditionally go to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86 folder and look if you see something related to HP or other 3rd party printer driver.AFter removing the components enable and start the spooler service again.
I have seen this restart behaviour only with hp components therefore I guess you are using a hp driver.
Mentioned below the link to the kb article.Read it carefully.
The printer spooler may crash randomly on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that has an HP printer that is installed
Hope it helps.Please inform us about the result.
4. září 2010 18:06
Try this :
Check for the spooler whether it’s turn on in services
1. Start > Start Search > services.msc
2. If spooler is not on, turn it on. If after turn on, it turn off automatically, proceed to step 3, if can turn on go to step 4
3. Start > Start Search > C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (Right click > Properties)
4. Click on Security Tab > Advanced > Owner. Take ownership of the file and give full permission to the file. Once done, close everything and try to start the service again.
5. Start > Start Search > cmd (Run as Admin)
6. del /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* > Press Enter
7. Once done, try to start the spooler in Services
6. září 2010 6:52There are several ways to resolve printer spooler error, probably because there are many variations of this error. The error caused by faulty software can be resolved by deleting all the information found in the directory. Thereafter, navigate to the Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools and then services icon. Find the service labeled Print Spooler, highlight it and restart the process. If that doesn’t work, the program might be corrupted. Click on start, then Run. Search for the document labeled services.msc, and this will trigger the opening of another window. On this window, scroll down and click “Print Spooler”. Check its setting and turn on automatic mode. Click Okay, and restart the machine. If you’re lucky, this might be all you have to do. Still doesn’t work? Navigate to the Add/Remove Programs screen of the Control Panel. Find the all the software responsible for making the printer run including the drivers, and uninstall them. Be sure to be thorough about it, or the problem may not be solved. Download the latest copy of your printer’s software from the manufacturer and reinstall it. get more information and help for Printer Spooler Error . Hope this helps you.
7. května 2012 11:07
- Upravený Jinish KG 10. května 2012 12:17