31. května 2012 6:53
I am having OCS 2007 R2 setup with one FE and one EDGE server .
Recetly my clients reporting that they are not able to search any contact which are not the part of their pinned contacts using Firstname or lastname or display name.
They have to type entire email address and then contact will display but that is too with Presense Unknown status.
I did some ground search I found that users are not having any GalContacts.db .
I regenrate and resync Gal from server using abserver.exe but still user are not populating with Galcontacts.db .
Also I tried to uninstall client and then reinstall it , reconfigure it but still no result.
Please hel me urgently with this .
Thanks in advance.
4. června 2012 5:02Moderátor
1. Do all users or some users get this problem?
2. Any modification of the server did you take?
3. Is there any event log related to ABService and replication on the server?
There is a delay with the R2 client downloading the address book. Set the GalDownloadInitialDelay registry entry for immediate download of the GAL file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value #1 dialog box, type GalDownloadInitialDelay, and then press the ENTER key.
- Right-click the GalDownloadInitialDelay registry entry, and then click Modify.
- In the
Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- If you set the value as 0, the address book download will take effect immediately after sign-in.
- If you do not set this registry value, the default value is random value between 0 and 60 minutes. Therefore, the delay is random a random value between 0 and 60 minutes.
- Exit Registry Editor
In addition, please install the latest patch and try to restart IIS on the server.
Jack Zhou - MSFT
4. června 2012 11:17
I have already done all this steps but no luck.
Which patches you are talking about I need to install ?
Please clarify .
Thanks and regards.
5. června 2012 2:16Moderátor
Are there any error messages in your event log?Are there any sync error message on your Communicator client?
Would you please make sure that there is no connectivity problem between your Front End server and SQL backend database?You can try to reboot your Lync server and SQL backend server to see if it fix it.
Also please make sure the address book file can be generated successfully,you can try to remove the existing ABS file in ABServer folder then run ABServer -regenUR and ABServer -syncnow to verify if it can be re-generated.
If still no luck,please try to enable Communicator Logging on your client and enable server logging tool(select S4,Sipstack and ABServer) on ABServer which should be one of your FE server then reproduce the issue,use Snooper to analyze the log to get more specific information for troubleshooting.
TechNet Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
- Upravený Sharon.ShenMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 5. června 2012 2:17
5. června 2012 3:03Moderátor
The latest patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2549046
You can try to manually download from client using the URL <a href="https:///Abs/Int/Handler/xxxx.lsabs">https://<FEPool FQDN>/Abs/Int/Handler/xxxx.lsabs to see if it successfully done. If it works, please check if any 3th-party software such as AV software prevent client to download the address book file.
Jack Zhou - MSFT