9. července 2012 18:20
We created a new dial plan for UM and changed all of our users to it, everything works great except when users go to the dialin webpage and click on reset pin, they get prompted to reset their pin and it will say that it was successful but the new pin will not log them into UM via dialing in from the access number, but instead the old pin still works. Was there something that needed to be changed when we converted to the new UM dial plan that would sync the dialin webpage to it?
Thanks So much
9. července 2012 18:32The dialin page is not used for the UM pin it is used as the Conference PIN and for PIN auth on Lync phone devices. Unless you are confusing names if the user wishes to change their UM PIN they should use OWA.
9. července 2012 19:44Thanks Alanmad, another question, we have users setup without a telephone number and then we need to set them up for one as well as give them UM so that they can get a pin to join meetings as a leader. Are the pins not correlated?
9. července 2012 20:42
The PINs are entirely separate. In fact not only do you have a Conference PIN and a UM PIN if you deploy Lync phones you will also have a phone unlock PIN all of which are separate. It is a pain and you really need to encourage users to use the same PIN for all of their needs to minimize confusion. In the case of the Conference and UM PINs this means synchronizing the policies for PIN complexity, expiration etc.
10. července 2012 9:52Moderátor
Those PINs are different and you could not use the dail in pin reset webpage to change the UM PIN,as well as the PIN authentication for Lync phones.
For UM PIN reset you can check http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124404.aspx
TechNet Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
- Označen jako odpověď Sharon.ShenMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 19. července 2012 8:25
10. července 2012 10:11The user can only set the Pin on the lync dialin page if you configure a phonenumber (Tel uri) in Lync for the conference dialin or you set this pin on the lync control pannel for the user
regards Holger Technical Specialist UC