30. června 2009 23:09I use Windows 7 32b and I decided to install Virtual pc to utilize Win 7 XPM. Everything worked perfectly I set up a user name & password and logged in(I didn't save credentials) I tried setting up the attachments usb/drives/printer and everything installed flawlessly so I stopped using virtual xp for a couple of weeks then I decided to start Virtual xp but I forgot my password and now I can't log in to Virtual xp anymore so my question is how do I 1. Start a new Virtual XP account if I can't log into VXP to create a new one ? , 2. Reset my password for Virtual Xp so I can log back into my almost fully customized account ? Thanks in advance.
2. července 2009 3:44ModerátorMay be you used same credential as of Win7? <g>
If you absolutely don't remember credentials, only option left is to backup data from VHD (if it is important) and reset the XP VHD. To again reinstall XP VM do following
1) Take backup of data inside VHD by mounting it as disk (use diskmgmt.msc)
2) Make sure VPC.exe is not running
2) Delete diff disk (you can get the path by using settings), delete .VMC, delete .VMCX, delete %localappdata%\Microsoft Virtual PC\options.xml
3) Click on Virtual Windows XP link, this should set XP VM again
Hope this helps.
Thanks, -Vinod -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
- Označen jako odpověď Vinod AtalMicrosoft Employee, Moderator 2. července 2009 6:35
2. července 2009 4:25Thank you very much. My problem is solved.
26. dubna 2010 20:36
I think that this could also solve my problem of lost password, but another problem is that the admin account is locked ...
The virtual pc is starting as expected and keys in the password (stars are present in the password field) but it is claiming that the account is locked.
Thanks a lot in advance !
17. května 2010 8:51For your Windows Vista administrator password?I had also faced the same problem,I succeed in reseting my Windows Vista password using Windows password UnlockerYou can try, Good luck!
18. května 2010 7:27Forgot password for xp is very annoying,but there are many ways to deal with it.One of the best way is using a third party tool.Password Recovery Bundle helps you reset xp password best,also the offical,rar,zip,pdf,windows and so on.With one password Recovery bundle,you can solve all of your password problems.
2. listopadu 2010 12:29
I do not understand anything you have written here.
1) what is VHD?
2) what is dskmgmt.msc?
3) if I can't log on to virtual PC how can it be running?
4) what is a diff disk?
5) where do I find commands likes delete.vmc, delete.vmcx?
6) how do I restore the data you asked me to backup?
2. listopadu 2010 12:35
1) Read here what a VHD is:
2) dskmgmt.msc = Disk management MMC Snapin
5) delete is no command, it only tells you that you should delete the files wit hthe Explorer
6) run the VM and move the data back from the host to the Guest
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
20. prosince 2010 15:24While on the virtual XP machine I tried to remove my password by going to user accounts and leaving the new password field blank. Now, when the XP machine starts I am prompted for the password as before, but it does not recognize the blank password, or the old password, or even a space character. Should I follow the same steps you gave to TheDLoader4U?
19. ledna 2012 1:12
20. března 2012 4:20Hey dear
Plz ask to admin password by admin. And request him provide you admin privilege
And try: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/reset-administrator-password.htm
Hope that helps.Good luck!