none
Outlook 2010/2013 - Right Click > Send to Email Recipient very slow

Frage

• I have a client who is running Windows 7 Professional. She was using Outlook 2010, and we upgraded to 2013. The problem she was having in 2010 persists across the upgrade.

If she right clicks a few .jpgs (total file size in testing was less than 1MB) and selects "Send to Mail Recipient," it often takes longer than a minute or two to generate the message and send, and looks as if Outlook is frozen during this time.

Conversely, if I take the same files, or even different ones, for that matter, and attach them to a message the traditional way, the message sends immediately. Again, I can duplicate this behavior on Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.

Her email is Exchange based, if that matters, and is hosted by Sherweb. I don't think the issue lies withing the hosting at all, just providing an information that may be pertinent. 

And to complicate things, this has historically worked just fine for her for years, until a few weeks ago. Again, if it matters, her Desktop and all the "My" folders do not exist on her physical computer, the are on their local server and mirrored to her computer so that they have a single machine to backup. The server has gigabit LAN, as does her PC, and they are on a full gigabit switch, so I don't think internal network transmission speeds are an issue.

Any ideas of what more I can do to troubleshoot this issue? grasping at straws at the moment.

"Despite millions of dollars of research, Death continues to be America's number one killer."

Montag, 8. Juli 2013 20:18

Antworten

• We may begin our troubleshooting as below:
    1. Test various scenarios, such as OS (XP/Win7), Email account (Exchange/Hotmail), Exchange cache mode (On/Off) and so on, what would happen?
    2. Further test under windows clean boot mode (without any 3rd party service)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

3. Right click other file types and Use “Send to Email Recipient” function to check the result.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 06:25

Alle Antworten

• We may begin our troubleshooting as below:
    1. Test various scenarios, such as OS (XP/Win7), Email account (Exchange/Hotmail), Exchange cache mode (On/Off) and so on, what would happen?
    2. Further test under windows clean boot mode (without any 3rd party service)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

3. Right click other file types and Use “Send to Email Recipient” function to check the result.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 06:25
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Montag, 15. Juli 2013 02:39
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013 03:13