none
how to give permisson AD user to login server

Frage

• hi

i have 2008 server

i plant to give one  AD user to login our company server but he do not has administrator rights i must give one user to login our server without admin rights.

i try to give this permission on GPO setting i did like

right clike Defult domain policy and edit----computer configuration------policies-----windows setting----security setting-----local policies----user rights Assinment-----allow logon locally

then i checked define these policy setting box and add on user when i click ok there appear one message Administrator Must be granted the logon local right i could not add any AD user here  how to resolve this problem

i want to  give one AD user logint to server without administrator rights directly please help me

• Bearbeitet saffir Montag, 10. September 2012 06:49
    Sonntag, 9. September 2012 18:01

Antworten

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

As suggested, please provide more detail information regarding the issue you are facing.

In the meantime, please check the article below to see if it can be useful to you:

Grant a Member the Right to Logon Locally

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee957044(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards

Kevin
    Montag, 10. September 2012 06:23

Alle Antworten

• What exactly are you trying to give them access to?  For sometimes, administrative access is necessary, but it should only be used when it is merited.  Don't go around giving unnecessary admin access; so in order to help you more closely, we need to know your exact situation before we tell you to provide admin access or not. 
    Sonntag, 9. September 2012 22:40
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

As suggested, please provide more detail information regarding the issue you are facing.

In the meantime, please check the article below to see if it can be useful to you:

Grant a Member the Right to Logon Locally

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee957044(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards

Kevin
    Montag, 10. September 2012 06:23
  • hi

i have 2008 server

i plant to give one  AD user to login our company server but he do not has administrator rights i must give one user to login our server without admin rights.

right clike Defult domain policy and edit----computer configuration------policies-----windows setting----security setting-----local policies----user rights Assinment-----allow logon locally

then i checked define these policy setting box and add on user when i click ok there appear one message Administrator Must be granted the logon local right i could not add any AD user here  how to resolve this problem

i want to  give one AD user logint to server without administrator rights directly please help me

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen faisaludeen Samstag, 21. September 2013 07:27
    Samstag, 21. September 2013 07:27
  • hi

i have 2008 server

You're reading this screen incorrectly. Administrators have the Allow logon locally right by default. However, if you configure this user right you must manually grant it to the local Administrator in addition to any non-Administrator accounts you want to grant the right to. It doesn't mean that you're giving administrator permissions to your user, it simply means that you need to add the local Administrator account.

Samstag, 21. September 2013 13:46