none
Is an iOS sample application available?

Frage

• I'm learning how to use Windows Intune to deploy an app to iOS using the Software Installer.  We don't have developers and don't intend to do any significant development, but it would be useful to know how to push an app to an iOS device.  To that end, is there a sample app available and some coherent instructions for how to configure it for deployment?

Thanks in advance.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013 18:15

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• We do not have any sample apps for deployment.  You may want to check with Apple.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013 19:38
  • While that is technically an answer from Microsoft's standpoint, I was hoping that someone else might have put something together and might be willing to share.

Jon L., would you put something in the request bin for a simple app (like the "Red", "Blue" and "Green" apps long ago that we used when group policy was first introduced to deploy applications to PCs that way) and the associated files we can use to demonstrate and test app deployment?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013 21:27
  • Hi Ed,

I can certainly ask.  I'll follow up when I get more information.

Thanks.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013 00:55
  • Thanks so much, Jon L.

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013 03:31
  • If all you want to do is test deployment functionality, you can deploy a link as an iOS app. This will show up in the company portal. For example, we have a corporate iOS profile and host it on our webserver, then create an iOS app deployment by linking this. It shows up in the users Company Profile and when the user installs it, all the exchange server settings are installed on the iOS device.
    Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013 15:22
  • Of course, I've done the External Link method.  What I'm asking for is a sample app to use with the Software Installer.  They're really two different things.

Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013 15:46