none
ordering tasks within Outlook

Frage

• I am using Outlook 2010.   I use the tasks list.    It is currently sorted and grouped by due date.   Previously I was able (within a given day) to drag each individual task into the order that I wanted (still within that due date).
    However it has now stopped me dragging and dropping to reorder the list within the same due date. Is there a setting I can change? I played around with the sort and group options but nothing works.  Thanks
    Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012 14:04

Antworten

• Hi,

It seems your Outlook view setting has been changed  somehow. Please reset it by typing command “Outlook.exe /cleanviews” in windows search bar.

If the issue persists, try to start the Outlook program in safe mode
    a. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
    b. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.

If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Outlook program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Outlook program:

Open Outlook-> Go to file-> Click on options-> select Add-ins towards the left hand side-> Click on go for COM Add-ins-> Uncheck all the Add-ins.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Good luck!

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012 06:35

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

It seems your Outlook view setting has been changed  somehow. Please reset it by typing command “Outlook.exe /cleanviews” in windows search bar.

If the issue persists, try to start the Outlook program in safe mode
    a. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
    b. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.

If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Outlook program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Outlook program:

Open Outlook-> Go to file-> Click on options-> select Add-ins towards the left hand side-> Click on go for COM Add-ins-> Uncheck all the Add-ins.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Good luck!

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012 06:35
  • Hello Tony,

Thank you for contributing to this question. I tried both outlook.exe /cleanviews and starting in safe mode. In neither case was I able to drag a task to a different order within the same date range. I just get a "just say no" type of symbol icon (a circle with a slash through it). Any other ideas? 

Thank you,

Ora Goldman

Mekorma

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 02:20