none
Copying Files to System 32 Folder -Steps to Setup Screensaver

Frage

• Hello All - I have been trying to Xcopy files from Network share in to my System32 Folder  but as a normal user logged in it requires elevated CMD prompt to copy files over .

Is there a way I can achieve the same using a simple Bat/VBS file :

@echo on
    rem COPYING  SCREEN SAVER FILE TO SYSTEM32 FOlder

If not exist %systemroot%\System32\screensaver.scr" Xcopy "%logonserver%\netlogon\screensaver\Screensaver.scr"/y exit

Anand Shankar

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 06:47

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

system32 is a protected system folder. It is not recommended to allow normal users to copy any file there.

You could use the script as startup script (not logon script) which runs in the SYSTEM account context, thus allowing to write files in \system32

Note you can also use some softwrare deployment solution to achieve this goal; all of these tools do support running as a privileged user.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 07:48
  • Try to use Group Policy Preferences Files instead.

(in Computer Configuration).

You also need to grant the group "Domain Computers" at least read permissions
    to the share and folder where the files are copied from.

MVP Group Policy - Mythen, Insiderinfos und Troubleshooting zum Thema GPOs: Let's go, use GPO!

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 07:54
  • Hello Matthias , I am not an expert however agree with your point .

Could you please help me with steps as to how can I publish a custom Screensaver.scr file in my env .both Online and offline (Connected and outside network )

What is the best practice for the same !!!

Anand Shankar

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 17:58
  • Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 22:54