none
Partition Management tool for remote databases?

Frage

• Hello,

I am using the partition management tool from codeplex.   I posted this blog question there too.   We want to use this tool to allow for dynamic partition switching out.    It simplifies the tsql we would need to write otherwise.    Cna we use the exe for remote databases?

https://sqlpartitionmgmt.codeplex.com/

We have an ETL server that runs our SSIS packages. Our DW database is on another server. When I run ManagePartition on the ETL Server in our SSIS package (and from the command prompt) it looks like it expects our database to be on the same server as where the executeable is located. Is this true? We do have a sql instance on the ETL server but the databases there are more for logging (Not our DW database). I get this error on the ETL server.

I even tried using the executeable on the db server from the ETL server and got the same error.

E:\3rdPartyExecuteables>\\server\d$\3rdPartyExecuteables\ManagePartition.exe /C:ClearPartition /d:DW/s:DW /A:FactAux /t:Fact /p:1 /K:+
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks,
    Sean

Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013 16:39

Antworten

• Hello.    The folks on codeplex pointing out my missing this in the documentation.   I just had to add another parameter.

/Server:<string> /S Server name, default = (local)

• Als Antwort markiert SSAS is Fun Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013 18:31
    Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013 18:31

Alle Antworten

• Hello.    The folks on codeplex pointing out my missing this in the documentation.   I just had to add another parameter.

/Server:<string> /S Server name, default = (local)

• Als Antwort markiert SSAS is Fun Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013 18:31
    Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2013 18:31
  • Hi Sean,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. Thank you for the useful sharing.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013 01:46