none
How can I know the Microsoft Security Bulitin Number of KB976932

Frage

• Hi all,

I want to know the Microsoft Security Bulitin Number (e.g. MS13-051) of KB976932 (Sevice Pack 1 of Windows 7 / 2008 R2). How can I do? I tried all the ways I could do. But I still cannot get the Microsoft Security Bulitin Number of KB976932.

Thanks,
    高麻雀

• Bearbeitet 高麻雀 Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 05:07
    Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 05:05

Antworten

• To answer your question generally...
    For any update corresponding to a security bulletin, the MSRC number can be easily found by displaying the MSRC Number column in the Updates view of the Update Services snap-in.  This can be done by right-clicking anywhere on the title bar and choosing selecting "MSRC Number".  This should display the column in that view.  For any particular update, the MSRC number (if there is one) and severity can be found in the status block of the individual update view.

Now, to answer the particular question regarding 7SP1...
    Microsoft Security Bulletins are issues by the MSRC in response to individual vulnerabilities.  More on this here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/gg309177.aspx
    OS Service Packs are large-scale rollups of security, stability, and functionality fixes that constitute a versioning of the operating system.  As such, they do not warrant an MSRC number because they do not map to an individual vulnerability.  Indeed, they generally include security fixes that correspond to hundreds of vulnerabilities, each with their own MSRC number.

Short answer: There is no MSRC number for KB976932.  The documentation for this service pack includes a list of all the included security fixes, which each have their own MSRC numbers.

Hope this helps!

• Als Antwort markiert 高麻雀 Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 02:43
    Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 16:10

Alle Antworten

• To answer your question generally...
    For any update corresponding to a security bulletin, the MSRC number can be easily found by displaying the MSRC Number column in the Updates view of the Update Services snap-in.  This can be done by right-clicking anywhere on the title bar and choosing selecting "MSRC Number".  This should display the column in that view.  For any particular update, the MSRC number (if there is one) and severity can be found in the status block of the individual update view.

Now, to answer the particular question regarding 7SP1...
    Microsoft Security Bulletins are issues by the MSRC in response to individual vulnerabilities.  More on this here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/gg309177.aspx
    OS Service Packs are large-scale rollups of security, stability, and functionality fixes that constitute a versioning of the operating system.  As such, they do not warrant an MSRC number because they do not map to an individual vulnerability.  Indeed, they generally include security fixes that correspond to hundreds of vulnerabilities, each with their own MSRC number.

Short answer: There is no MSRC number for KB976932.  The documentation for this service pack includes a list of all the included security fixes, which each have their own MSRC numbers.

Hope this helps!

• Als Antwort markiert 高麻雀 Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 02:43
    Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 16:10
  • Thanks Colin!
    Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 02:44