none
Content type "System Page Layout" at "/" is sealed

Frage

• I've a Document Center with document uploaded. When I try to change the content type "Document" I an error Content type "System Page Layout" at "Sites/DMS" is sealed. When I set "Update Sites and Lists" to No, It completed without error but the Document is not changed when I tried to upload. I've tried to create a new site, apple the same settings and the changes is effective right after. What I tried to is the add a comments field which is set to required. in the type "document".

Please kindly let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lewis

Freitag, 16. März 2012 09:25

Alle Antworten

• Hi Lewis,

Reason:
    One of option while updating the content types is If you want to Update all content types inheriting from this type? which is defaulted to Yes

Basically Document Content Type is a parent to a lot of other content types , and few of them are sealed and cannot be changed. So selecting the above option to Yes will not let you proceed and will cause you this error.

Solution:
    Set the option to No

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

Montag, 19. März 2012 11:24
  • Dear Lhan,

Thanks for reply, the problem is select the option to no make no changes after click "OK". I really have no errors, but have no actions either. Moreover, If the option works, it seem to apply only to those going to be upload to the sharepoint site, but not all those existing which I'm sure I need to update it all. Please kindly advise. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lewis

Samstag, 24. März 2012 02:03