none
Bug in sp_dropmergefilter system stored procedure

Frage

• I have merge replication with some filters. There is however one article that is used in 2 different filters so

sp_helpmergefilter for this article is returning 2 rows.

Now I want to remove both of these filters but I cannot do that without error:

Neither using sp_dropmergefilter neither using replication properties window.

In both cases when I run stored procedure or press Mark for reinitialization in GUI I have following error:

Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_dropmergefilter, Line 167
    Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.
    Msg 3701, Level 11, State 5, Line 1
    Cannot drop the procedure '[MSmerge_expand_29]', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

The errors from GUI looks even uglier than from stored procedure.

I know the error is related to following peace of source code:

--drop expand proc and nullify the expand_proc column in sysmergepartitioninfo 
        select @procname = expand_proc
        from dbo.sysmergepartitioninfo
        where pubid=@pubid 
                and artid = ( select art.artid from dbo.sysmergearticles art, dbo.sysmergesubsetfilters filter 
                                    where art.name = filter.join_articlename and filter.pubid=@pubid and filter.artid=@artid)

However even if unhandled error is run it looks like sp is doing its job and that filter is removed and data is transferred properly. But in my opinion this bug should be fixed.

Dienstag, 16. Juli 2013 14:48

Alle Antworten

• Hello,

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click  here.

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 19. Juli 2013 09:49
  • Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is known issue that already listed in our internal database.

In the future, if you found any other issues that you believe that its a bug, please feel free to report directly using this site: http://connect.microsoft.com

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Montag, 22. Juli 2013 01:45