none
GPO Error 1058 After SBS 2003 > 2008 Migration

Frage

• Hello all.

I inherited a domain which I attempted to migrate from sbs 2003 to sbs 2011.Since the beginning there has been bugs in the migration (including force demotion of the 2003 box). Well the SBS 2011 box is functional up to this point, but I am getting error 1058 OpCode 1 when updating group policy.

Here is a snipped of the errors from the machine I attempted to use gpupdate on

User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encount
    ered:
    The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\silv
    erwings.local\sysvol\silverwings.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB
    984F9}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy set
    tings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transie
    nt and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller
     has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.
    Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were enc
    ountered:
    The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\silv
    erwings.local\SysVol\silverwings.local\Policies\{72483819-126E-43E0-AB7D-6AC6E6E
    B0B07}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy set
    tings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transie
    nt and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller
     has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.
    To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html f
    rom the command line to access information about Group Policy results.

I searched around and found some similar threads and I am open to suggestions,

Thanks

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012 23:40

Alle Antworten