none
Install Excel Calculation Sevices

Frage

• Hi, is it possible to install Excel Calculation Services on a server manually? I have a server already a part of a three server farm, but would like to install Excel Calculation services. I'm having a very hard time finding any information on this which is making me wonder if it's possible post-initial install.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 01:39

Antworten

• Hi mike0492,

If you installed the Enterprise version SharePoint 2007 on a new server, and added it to the SharePoint Farm, you can locate to the page SharePoint Central Administration->Operations->Services on server, then check whether the Excel Calculation Services is display on your new server and start it.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 10. Februar 2012 08:08

Alle Antworten

• 1. This is a pre-SP 2010 forum so I presume you have MOSS 2007. Please say so if not.

2. All Excel Services functions are only available in the Enterprise version of MOSS 2007. Again please say if this is what you have because if you have the Standard version you won't be able to find and thus won't be able to install Excel Calculation Services.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 09:19
  • Sorry, yes, we are running MOSS 2007 and yes it is the Enterprise version. We already have it installed on another server in the farm, but I'd like to install on another server as well.

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 13:33
  • Hi mike0492,

If you installed the Enterprise version SharePoint 2007 on a new server, and added it to the SharePoint Farm, you can locate to the page SharePoint Central Administration->Operations->Services on server, then check whether the Excel Calculation Services is display on your new server and start it.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Freitag, 10. Februar 2012 08:08