none
UAG 2010 SP3 - Do I need to delete and re-publish my Exchange 2010 applications to support Exchange 2013?

Frage

• Hi Everyone,

As part of migrating mailboxes to Office 365 I will be introducing a couple of Exchange 2013 hybrid servers into our existing Exchange 2010 organization. All user Exchange traffic will go these servers which will proxy to the mailboxes on the existing Exchange 2010 servers.

Now we currently publish Exchange 2010 OWA, autodiscover and Activesync using UAG. I've recently upgraded our live and dev UAG  servers to SP3 rollup 1 as this is includes support for publishing Exchange 2013.

Now I am testing the hybrid migration in our dev environment and the internal load balancers (to which UAG points on its internal interface) are now configured to pass all traffic to the Exchange 2013 hybrid servers. 

Now I was under the impression that I would need to delete and re-create the Exchange applications in UAG so that they use the Exchange 2013 template which now appears in the UAG publishing dropdown list. However I notice that at first glance external access to OWA, Activesync etc all continues to work perfectly well with the existing UAG Exchange 2010 definitions.  Having said that I haven't yet tested all possible functionality of OWA.

So my question - do I really need to delete and republish the Exchange applications? I am happy to do so but not if I don't really need to :)

Advice appreciated.

• Bearbeitet pb3000 Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013 21:57 grammar
    Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013 21:38

Alle Antworten

• Hmm... Loks like the group is stumped on this one :)

I decided to play it safe and recreated my Exchange applications, specifying Exchange 2013. I took the liberty of taking screenshots of every tab before doing this.

To be honest I don't really think I needed to as I don't see any new functionality in the recreated applications - unless of course it is hidden under the covers. Publishing rules are defined at the trunk level and these are ugpraded as part of upgrading to UAG SP3.

Guess this topic can be closed off.

Montag, 14. Oktober 2013 18:44