none
restore a mailbox database using DPM 2010

Frage

• how do I restore a mailbox database using DPM 2010

in other word after I made these steps ,what will happen to the original database as I created a recovery database which hold the data

1-create a recovery database in my exchange server using the following command

new-mailboxdatabase –recovery “recoverydb” -ebfilepath “D:\restore\recoverydb.edb” –logfolderpath “D:\restore” –server ExchangeServerName

2- then go to recovery tab in DPM server ,right click the database I need to recover then in specify destination window I'll choose the exchange server and write the name of the recovery database I previously created in step one

3-wait until the recovery process finished

4- unmount the recovery database

5- navigate to D:\restoreand issue command eseutil /p recoverydb ,to ensure that the database is healthy

6-mount the database ,then issue the command

get-mailboxstatistics -database recovery to ensure that it contains all mailboxes

Montag, 11. Juni 2012 15:42

Alle Antworten

• how do I restore a mailbox database using DPM 2010

in other word after I made these steps ,what will happen to the original database as I created a recovery database which hold the data

1-create a recovery database in my exchange server using the following command

new-mailboxdatabase –recovery “recoverydb” -ebfilepath “D:\restore\recoverydb.edb” –logfolderpath “D:\restore” –server ExchangeServerName

2- then go to recovery tab in DPM server ,right click the database I need to recover then in specify destination window I'll choose the exchange server and write the name of the recovery database I previously created in step one

3-wait until the recovery process finished

4- unmount the recovery database

5- navigate to D:\restoreand issue command eseutil /p recoverydb ,to ensure that the database is healthy

6-mount the database ,then issue the command

get-mailboxstatistics -database recovery to ensure that it contains all mailboxes

Hello,

This thread may help you.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmexchbackup/thread/71edde3c-6b65-40f2-ba2c-fb59ff519e2d

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012 02:18