none
SBS 2011 - Dashboard - Server Backup stuck at "In Progress 46%"

Allgemeine Diskussion

• My server was having problems where the disks would go offline and the server would crash.  I have finally figured it out to be the server backup disk was going bad.  After removing that the server is fine.  However in the dashboard under Computers and Backup, I can not remove the Backup process on the Server.  I disabled the Server backup and still the text "In Progress 46%" remains even after reboots.   There is no server backup drive in the machine.  When I try to re-enable server backup says no disk found.  How do I remove this backup status on the server of "In Progrss 46%".   Nothing is running, just stuck there and stop backup does nothing.

Nishal Patel

Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 15:41

Alle Antworten

• Even if you stop the wbengine.exe (Block Level Backup Engine Service) and VSS service and then refresh the console it still shows 46%?
    Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 15:56
  • Yes.  I just did you steps.  Shutdown both services.  Then closed the dashboard and reopened, stuck there.   Also, I added bcak my Server Backup Drive, recreated the backup schedule and formatting the disk.  Still shows stuck at 46% and also still shows all backup dates even though drive wiped.   Odd.

Nishal Patel

Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 16:43
  • I also forced a backup from Windows Server Backup and while the backup is running, dashboard is still stuck.  Thought that might clear it.

Nishal Patel

Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 16:59
  • Can you delete the alert?

SBS 2011 Essentials Learning Bites - Alerts.wmv
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01r8ojax1PI

--
    Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
    ============================
    Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 21:33
  • Sorry... I see that you have SBS 2011 and not SBS 2011 Essentials, so this fix may not apply.

--
    Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
    ============================
    Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012 21:37
  • You can use wbadmin get status command after running the backup in SBS console. You can check where the backup stuck at.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012 07:00