Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012 09:35I am unsuccessful in restoring a single page from a Sharepoint 2007 instance. DPM 2010 is used to recover the item, and I have followed the article http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2008/06/24/sharepoint-protection-and-recovery-using-dpm-2007-part-i.aspx in order to ensure that all prerequisites are in place for the recovery farm server. The OS versions, MS updates, service packs of the two MOSS servers are equal. I have also run the configuresharepoint.exe command on both servers to configure the WSS writer service, but when I choose to recover the item to the alternate recovery location (the MOSS recovery farm server), it fails with the following error:
"Restore failed because backup metadata xml is invalid. The possible reasons for this are -
1) That restore was triggered on a machine having an older operating system than the one on the server where backup happened.
2) Backup metadata xml for this recovery point is corrupt.
I am completely out of ideas and highly appreciate any help with this issue
Regards Amir J
Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 10:10
Hi, have you also made sure that the MOSS recovery farm is the same as the productive farm? If you have any custom developments... those must be installed on the MOSS recovery farm as well. In addition the MOSS recovery farm "patchlevel" must be same or newer.
Following a detailed list:
- Both the recovery and target farms must be in the same language and have the same language packs installed.
- The features and templates that are installed on the recovery farm must match those of the target farm.
- Identical updates and software versions, although you may not be required to match editions. -> SONST: item level restore will fail
- Identical features and templates enabled.
- do not enable outgoing e-mail, and do not enable Site Use Confirmation and Deletion.
- must be separate from the computer that is running Active Directory directory services or Active Directory Domain Services, from other farm computers, and from the System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) server,
- version of SQL Server must be the same as or more recent than what was installed at the time of backup.
- In an environment running DPM, the recovery farm must be a single-server installation.
- You can enable all the features and templates installed on the recovery farm and use it for the different farms existing in your SharePoint environment.
- Enough SPACE on Recovery farm!!!! to store the largest content database in the environment. Best practice would dictate that an additional 10-20% be allocated on the temporary storage volume to provide a cushion for growth
- Bearbeitet sroe Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 10:25
Mittwoch, 22. August 2012 12:19
Thank you for your reply. For some reason, I have not been able to see your post until now, but I will for sure go through this once again to make sure that everything is identical in the matter of patch level, service packs etc. I've also opened a MS case so I'll post here as soon as we've found a solution.