none
RSMCompatMode

Frage

• I had placed/merge reg file with "RSMCompatMode" which I found with others thread, last year.

Now I'm not sure what is this for and what the purpose.

Because now i saw RSMCompatMode have different-different values in some of threads.

===========

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent]
    "RSMCompatMode"=dword:0000001d

===========

It seem a lot of .ps and .reg DPM require to workaround to solve mystery problem and errors.

Can Microsoft do batter in term of populating this solution to single place?

Something like a more proper way how we should install from prerequisites, installation, correct patches and after patches .reg .ps whatever they are.

Problem is this thing never end, solve this one problem other problem/errors coming out and plus server asking to update and restart.

We living in production which is very tedious to restart the servers and meanwhile error keep popping out from nowhere the reasons.

DPM 2010 with latest roll-up (KB2615782) | DELL Server R710 (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) RAM: 24GB PF: 36-60GB | DELL TL4000 (4 Drives) | DELL TL2000 (2 Drives) | And still struggling and monitoring... Battle continues... life never happy ever after.. :(

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 22:59

Alle Antworten

• Hi

If the library is listed in the Windows catalog for Windows 2008 x64, then DPM should be able to use it without issues.

The registry key can be used for example if you have a Dell tape library and it does not initialize the slots properly.

Mittwoch, 15. August 2012 12:17