Dienstag, 15. Mai 2012 18:34
I didn't setup the KMS here so not quite sure how to do this. Can someone help?
- Everything is KMS'd here for applicable Microsoft products.
- For one software title, we installed Premium instead of Professional (by accident).
- Can I see a list of product keys installed to KMS server? If so, how?
- To resolve my issue, can I simply uninstall the Premium product key from the KMS host? If so, how and if so, how do I then get client machines to force detect this?
- Next, can I simply install the new Professional product key to the KMS server? If so, can I then get my client machines to force detect this change?
- If the above is possible, will that be the way to get all our client machines to pick up the new product key? Or is there a different way? (Obviously would want to avoid the uninstall and reinstall of this software against all machines).
Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2012 11:37
you can display the currently installed/activated KMShost product keys with slmgr.vbs:
cscript slmgr.vbs /dli all
The KMShost doesn't know about STD/PRO/PREM editions - it will simply activate any/all VL editions of Office that request activation. To correct a KMSclient which has incorrectly activated the unlicensed product, on the KMSclient, change the product key for the Office product to the correct key, and then activate to the KMShost again.
e.g. for Visio2010, the various KMSclient pkeys are here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624357#section7
You can do this to the clients remotely, by using the slmgr.vbs, or, VAMT, or you can do it at the client pc's if there are only a few of them.