Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013 22:36
I have a new Window 8 laptop. I created two POP mail accounts that worked fine until yesterday (about 3-4 days). All of a sudden I have the "can not connect to POP error". The accounts are set up correctly and exactly as they are in my old machine (which I am now resorting to downloading e-mails there). The only thing that really changed is I moved the laptop from the office to home, and back to the office, in the process Windows did an update.
Any suggestions where I should look?
- Bearbeitet Iris Gluzman Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013 23:56
Freitag, 18. Januar 2013 08:40
1,) Can you connect to pop account at work?
2,) Can you connect to pop account at home?
or you cannot connect to pop at home or at the office?
Freitag, 18. Januar 2013 13:32
There are several things you can check:
1. Activate "Logging" in Outlook and have a look into Windows Event Logging for connections issues.
2. Try to ping POP3/SMTP server, which is listed in the settings to see whether you can connect or not.
3. Check (DHCP) differences in network details between home and office.
Freitag, 18. Januar 2013 17:45
Right now I am back in the office and can not get my e-mails (saying problem with POP3). Other machine in office is fine for e-mails
Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013 09:59Moderator
Seems that you are using POP3 account. Please create a new PST file and set that file as the default to check if you can send/receive message fine.
TechNet Community Support
- Als Antwort markiert Tony Chen CHNModerator Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013 08:48