Dienstag, 9. August 2011 08:46
I can't connecting to a virtual machine in SSP by click on "Connect" button in a XP computer, and in the bottom of internet explorer status bar shows ..../VirtualMachines/Launch.aspx?ID=163&rdp=false line: 23 has error.
But when I try to connect the same virtual machine in SSP on my windows7 computer,it works ok.
Why this function on XP is not working?
btw: My INTERNET EXPLORER is both IE8.
Dienstag, 9. August 2011 17:15Moderator
- Connect to virtual Machines will not work on XP SP2. If you are using XP SP2, then please upgrade it to XP SP3.
- If you have any older version of Virtual Machine manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 or 2.0 SP1 Client, then please uninstall it from "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and Try to connect to Virtual Machine again.
- If you are still facing the issues, then please try to connect to Virtual machines from another XP SP3 machine and see if that works.
- Also see if there are any error messages in the VMMSSPweb log or VMMSSPService log files available in installtion folder and Event logs in the Event Viewer on the Server Component under "Application and Services logs->Microsoft->Virtual Machine Manager SSP".
- Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Santosh KaraleModerator Dienstag, 9. August 2011 17:15
Mittwoch, 10. August 2011 00:30
hi,I'm using xp sp3.
Event Viewer has error :
"Service Error Code: 1604 Message: Could not retrieve the computer name from VMM server for virtual machine with ID 8a1ebea5-54b0-4a11-918e-134ee475d487. Make sure that the virtual guest services and the heartbeat service are installed on the virtual machine..."
Mittwoch, 10. August 2011 00:44Moderator
As mentioned in the Error message, please install Virtual guest Services on this Virtual machine from VMM. Also make sure that "Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0" Service Account is added as Administrator on the host where this Virtual machine is Placed.
- Als Antwort markiert Santosh KaraleModerator Mittwoch, 10. August 2011 16:58
Donnerstag, 11. August 2011 01:43hi, the same account in win7 is ok,but not work on xp sp3....
Mittwoch, 17. August 2011 05:06
install the fix for XP-Sp3 from below link and check.