Montag, 7. Juli 2008 19:05Hi!
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007 on the
same machine. I have a problem uploading an excel spreadsheet into WSS 3.0.
I get Method 'Post' of object 'IOWSPostData' failed error. I have followed
this article (http://mindsharpblogs.com/Kathy/archive/2008/03/16/4450.aspx)
but it doesn't resolve the issue.
Pls, advise how can I resolve this.
Thank you in advance!
Montag, 7. Juli 2008 21:53Have you tried the steps here?
Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008 15:40I've tried it now but didn't work for me. Actually, when I try to import a spreadsheet first, I see this error just as soon as excel file opens: "Object doesn't support this property or method". Then I click OK and select a range after what I get the Method 'Post' of object 'IOWSPostData' failed error.
Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2008 12:55I spent a couple of days tearing my hair out over this one. The answer is here:
Samstag, 3. Januar 2009 14:59I also faced this problem and finally found solution on the following post:
Mittwoch, 22. April 2009 15:28I have tried everyone one of the suggestions I have found on changing the lVER settings to top level website creation. None of these things have worked for me. After changing lVer to 2 or 3 as suggested, I still get "Cannot connect to server at this time" error message. I have got to get this working ASAP. I have a website project that needs to import Excel spreadsheet data to update a statistics webpage. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Dienstag, 8. September 2009 07:00I get the same error even after indicating the SharePoint version in .xla file. Would like to confirm if this error is caused by using MS Excel 2003 -- if it means that WSS 3.0 is not compatible with MS Excel 2003? Thus we should use MS Excel 2007? Thanks.
Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010 18:55I solved this problem like this....
I had this problem and was able to resolve it really quickly without alot of the lengthy instructions posted here. Here is what I did.
1. Make sure the site is trusted (in Internet Explorer go to the sharepoint page you want the list on then, click tools menu - options - security tab - trusted sites - sites - add)
2. It seems to matter alot how you upload the spreadsheet. Originally I got the Method 'Post' of object 'IOWSPostData' failed message when I used Table Range and chose a worksheet and then I tried name range. All errors. Then I clicked "Range of cells" option and I noticed the range was completely whacked compared to what I was trying to import so I thought, maybe Sharepoint is messing up in the other two options too.
Click "Range of Cells"
In the select range box, click the drop down box. This will shrink the dialog box. Now ignore that and take your mouse and start at cell A1 and select all the cells in your spreadsheet that you want in your spreadsheet. Now click the drop down box again to expand the window out.
I hope this helps people. This was an irritating problem that took up a lot of time. If my solution helps you please vote for it and propose it as the answer.
Donnerstag, 18. März 2010 18:51OK, I'm facing the same problem too, but so far the suggestions haven't worked. Here's what I have tried:
- My domain is in my Trusted Sites list
- I am importing a Range of Cells (although I have tried the other methods too and I'm getting the same error)
- I have created a completely new spreadsheet just to ensure it's not the spreadsheet. I've tried XLS, XLSX, a binary worksheet and a macro-enabled worksheet.
- I do not have EXPTOOWS.XLA anywhere on my computer - so do I need to get it and then edit the .XLA, or does the fact that it doesn't exist negate that suggestion?
My environment is as follows:
Hair pulling ensues.
Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2010 21:24No I don't I just wanted to vent. What the ____ is the matter with you developers at Microsoft? I tried installing Excel 2010 to see if THAT worked, and no dice! Get your heads out of your *&(%*&%(*^(*)
Dienstag, 15. März 2011 02:49
Adding my domain as a trusted site in my browser (as suggested above by PaminCambridge) didn't fix the issue on my end but adding it to my Local Intranet zone did the trick.
Open your browser and go to the "Tools" menu - Internet Options - select the "Security" tab - Select the "Local Intranet" icon, click the "Sites" button, then click the "Advanced" button and add your domain in the local intranet zone.
Then close your browser, open a fresh one, get back on your site and try again to import your spreadsheet data.
It worked just fine for me.
Hope it will helps you too!
Dienstag, 19. April 2011 23:09
Sylvain!!! You are the man!
I got it to work perfectly after messing for a while with your assitance!
Thanks so much!
Mittwoch, 23. November 2011 18:50I had the situation where it worked for top level sites but not for a sub-sites. I tried all the lVer stuff, but the only solution I've found is to import to the top level site, save as list template, then recreate in sub-site.
Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012 06:23
Have a look at this article.
Hope this helps you!
Cheers! Maruthu | http://sharepoint-works.blogspot.com
- Bearbeitet Maruthu Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012 06:23