Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 08:03
Add a data connection to a Microsoft Access database
Step 1: Add a secondary data connection
1. On the Tools menu, click Data Connections.
2. In the Data Connections dialog box, click Add.
3. In the Data Connection Wizard, click Create a new connection to, click Receive data, and then click Next.
4. On the next page of the wizard, click Database (Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Office Access only), and then click Next.
5. On the next page of the wizard, click Select Database.
6. In the Select Data Source dialog box, browse to the location of your database.
But surprisingly at 4th step Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Office Access only option is not showing when the form is browser compatible. Rather it shows the option Database (Microsoft SQL Server Only).
It’s showing the following error:
InfoPath does not support the specified database. The database must be a Microsoft SQL Server.
I am using the following configurations.
SharePoint server 2007, MS SQL Server 2005, MS OFFICE 2007.
Have anybody any solution? Please let me know.
Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 10:06
I came across this problem... Not sure if it Infopath is meant to function this way.
I found that if you deselect "Browser Compatible" you can connect to an Access Database no problem. If the "Browser Compatible" option is selected then it would seem you can only then connect to an MSSQL Database.
Not much help, but at least you're not alone with the issue ;-)