none
Unable to send mails through OWA on Exchange 2007.

Question

• Hi,

We are not able to send mails using OWA on E2K7.

The mail goes in Draft folder. We have installed Hub transport server and "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service is started. Also free space is about 2.11 GB on server where exchange roles are installed.

Please can any one let me know the reason.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Monday, August 27, 2007 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. After we freed space on drive on which Exchange Storage Groups were present the mails were sent properly.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Friday, August 31, 2007 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem! I've setup a send connector on the hub server, and configured the receive connector, but no email is being sent, and just goes straight to the drafts folder in OWA.

If anyone has a solution, please post!

Ben J B

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:13 AM
  • Pankaj,

I think I found a solution, which might work for you! I had setup Exchange 2007 on a VM machine, that I'd only given 12GB to for a hard disk. The basic install of Windows 2003 Server + Exchange 2007 takes up about 10GB, meaning I only had 2GB of disk space left. After doing some research I found that the Exchange Transport service will stop if there is less than 4GB free space available.

I shutdown my VM, and created a 2nd virtual hard disk of 8GB, then restarted the VM, went to computer management, and added the 2nd volume, then quick formated it NTFS and assigned it to the D: drive. Once I'd done this I went into the Exchange Console and moved the Storage Group database paths:

Server Config > Mailbox > First Storage Group > Mailbox Database > Move Database Path.

I moved it to D:\Exchange\Mailbox\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb.

Do the same for the Second Storage Group. I also moved the transport queues, details of which can be found below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f170cb0c-04a9-4fa7-b594-206e3a787e14.aspx

Basically you edit the 'EdgeTransport.exe.config' file, which is located in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Bin' change the paths for 'QueueDatabasePath' & 'QueueDatabaseLoggingPath' I pointed mine to D:\Exchange\TransportRoles\data\Queue. Restarted the Exchange Transport (using services.msc) and you should see about 7 files created in the queue folder.

I don't know whether you need to move the mailbox path AND the queue path, or just one, but I did both together, and it started working. You may find that just doing one will solve the problem!

Once I'd done both of the above, messages started to flow, and the drafts folder was emptied. When I checked my Hotmail account, I found all of the test messages waiting in there. I sent a few replies, and they came straight through!

Hope this helps

Ben

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:05 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. After we freed space on drive on which Exchange Storage Groups were present the mails were sent properly.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Friday, August 31, 2007 9:41 AM
  • Hi Pankaj,

This solution work for Exchange Server 2010 to. I simply expand the disk from my VM and it worked.

Thanks,

--

Alexandre Smialoski

Monday, August 13, 2012 12:34 AM