none
open PDF file stored as binary data in a SQL2008R2 database table with a link in a SSRS report

Question

• I'm working on a report to show financial transactions from a table over a certain period. For most transactions there is a PDF document that is stored in a separate table in a binairy format. In my report I would like to include a link on every line with transaction information  in the report that opens the PDF that is linked to that transaction. Just to be clear, I don't want to embed the PDF in the report but I want the users of the report to have the option to view the PDF that is related to that transaction in their standard pdf reader (adobe)

Hopefully someone can help me with the code to do the following:

Once a user clicks on the link to view the PDF I need the code to get the binairy data of the PDF file from the table, convert it back to a PDF and open it in the default pdf reader (for example adobe reader). If it can't directly open the file then it's maybe possible to activate the 'open or download' pop up that you also get when you download something from a web site 

Saturday, November 02, 2013 11:14 AM

Answers

All replies