none
cmd help with remote desktop session host configuration

Question

• I am using rdp to one of my server.

I am thinking to use command line to change the settings for my current connection,

I can do this using GUI, in Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, http://nexus.realtimepublishers.com/content/?tip=part-19-configuring-the-rdp-tcp-connection (for ref)

However, I would like to change some settings of the connection, say Network Adapter for an example, using cmd.

I am checking http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725766.aspx,

but it doesnt provide enough info, does anyone knows for sure whether this is achievable or not,

thanks,

Tony

Friday, January 03, 2014 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

By referring your post, I can understand that you want to use command line to configure RDS Server. In respect to your question I can suggest that you can able to configure your RDS server with the help of PowerShell command. You can go through below article for more information.
    Using Powershell to install and configure RDS in 2008 R2

In addition if you want to change Network adapter setting you can use netsh command. Here providing guide related to netsh command.
    Change, Edit, Modify your Network Adapter Config via Command Prompt

Hope it helps!
    Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Ryan Mangan Friday, January 17, 2014 9:57 AM
    Monday, January 06, 2014 2:39 AM
  • Thanks,

I researched both, I know how to change the adapter setting, but I don't actually want to change the settings for some specific adapter, instead, I would like to change RDS settings to select another adapter, in this case, however, I could not find the way to do it in your first posted link.

I will read further about your first link and hope I can get something,

thanks a lot!

Tony

Friday, January 10, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Hi Tony,

How is everything going? Could you please tell us the present situation? 

Thanks,
    Dharmesh

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:38 AM
  • I think ps will solve the problem, but I still stuck on some issues.
    Friday, January 17, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Hi,

Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks, 
    Dharmesh
    Monday, January 20, 2014 1:20 AM