none
Windows 7 TCPIP.SYS Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Question

• This all started about two weeks ago after installing a sound driver from RealTEK and a new graphics driver from Nvidia.

Since then I have reinstalled both old drivers which made things worse. I reinstalled the newer drivers and the situation became less frequent but still persists. I have also done a clean install of both drivers to make sure it was not a bad installation. I have also scanned for viruses and came up clean.

I have done 3 memtests with no problems being found each time. I have also used bluescreenview which says:

bug code: 0x000000d1caused by driver: tcpip.sys

caused by address: tcpip.sys+662ce

crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+75b80

Im don't know how to view .dmp files or how to analyze them. If someone could also tell me how to post them here, that would be great.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:59 AM

Answers

• Grizzlysol

These were all Related to tcpip.sys TCP/IP Protocol Driver from Microsoft Corporation.

Often tcpip.sys is caused by the installed malware application. 

Since that is an OS file lets do a system file check. 

I believe another driver (network driver?) is causing it to fail and as such you should run verifier to find if and which is.

To run a system file check (SFC)

Open an elevated cmd window
    (Go to start>type CMD>right click and run as administrator)
    Type SFC /scannow
    You may have to run this up to 3 times.
    Let us know the results at the end

2-Driver verifier
    Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.

But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
    Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.
    I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
    Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Here is the procedure:

Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
    Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next" (or  Type "verifier /standard /all"  (no quotes) if you want to verify all of them (this will slow your computer down))
    Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
    Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and for win 8 dont check Concurrency stress test, and DDI compliance checking click "Next"
    Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
    Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
    Select "Finish" on the next page.
    Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
    Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
    If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
    If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Further Reading
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

About Driver Verifier
    Driver Verifer informationdriver verifier Windows Vista - Microsoft Search
    Driver Verifier issues within Vista/ Windows 7http://support.microsoft.com..default.aspx?+verifier1&res=20
    Driver Verifier Special Pool Featurehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831

BugCheck D1, {1c, 2, 1, fffff880018622ce}
    Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TcpBeginTcbSend+33e )
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:10 AM

All replies

• Here you are...

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

WE NEED AT LEAST TWO DMP FILES TO SPOT TRENDS AND CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS.
    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
    If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)
    To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.  
    The procedure:
    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
    * Zip up the copy (compress them)
    *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
    Link for how to  upload below.
    To ensure minidumps are enabled:
    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    * OK your way out.
    * Reboot if changes have been made.
    Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
    To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
    Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
    System specs are extremely useful so please include whatever you know.

Blue Screen View & Who Crashed are often wrong and should only be used in an emergency...

You can read more about BSODS here
    You can learn how to test your memory here

Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same. Dyami & Wanikiya, Team ZigZag.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:09 AM
  • Hope this works.

http://sdrv.ms/14Xc5fd

Can't add hyperlinks until my account is verified?

• Edited by Grizzlysol Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:14 AM
  • Re not being able to add hyperlinks...

If you are being told you cant post a link, or embed a picture (or any other restriction) you just need to post to one of these threads saying your account has not been validated

Advice offered in good faith. It is your decision to implement same. Dyami & Wanikiya, Team ZigZag.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:30 AM
  • http://sdrv.ms/14f0x4k

Here is the link to my system information.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:12 AM
  • bump
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Grizzlysol

These were all Related to tcpip.sys TCP/IP Protocol Driver from Microsoft Corporation.

Often tcpip.sys is caused by the installed malware application. 

Since that is an OS file lets do a system file check. 

I believe another driver (network driver?) is causing it to fail and as such you should run verifier to find if and which is.

To run a system file check (SFC)

Open an elevated cmd window
    (Go to start>type CMD>right click and run as administrator)
    Type SFC /scannow
    You may have to run this up to 3 times.
    Let us know the results at the end

2-Driver verifier
    Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.

But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
    Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.
    I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
    Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Here is the procedure:

Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
    Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next" (or  Type "verifier /standard /all"  (no quotes) if you want to verify all of them (this will slow your computer down))
    Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
    Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and for win 8 dont check Concurrency stress test, and DDI compliance checking click "Next"
    Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
    Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
    Select "Finish" on the next page.
    Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
    Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
    If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
    If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Further Reading
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

About Driver Verifier
    Driver Verifer informationdriver verifier Windows Vista - Microsoft Search
    Driver Verifier issues within Vista/ Windows 7http://support.microsoft.com..default.aspx?+verifier1&res=20
    Driver Verifier Special Pool Featurehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I will do the system file check and report back with the results

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:12 PM
  • CBS.log

This is the cbs log from the sfc scan.

I noticed an error in pintlgb.imb, would this be related to my tcpip.sys error?

I will run the driver verifier to see if I can get some more information.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Verifier.exe did not allow the computer to boot past the windows logo. When it crashed it just blacked out and did not produce a dump file.

Is there nothing helpful in the dump files I posted earlier?

Dump

System Information

I just posting them again if anyone wants to look them over.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Grizzlysol

Have you turned verifier off?  to do so type verifier /reset .

Are you sure there are no newer DMPS?

BTW if you upload the CBS.log AS A FILE I will take a look.  As it is there are 20K lines and you cant do a find and replace.

What are you using for anti-virus (beside MBAM)?

Two things you can try.  Re-install the network driver and remove bitlocker.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:22 AM
  • Should be able to download it by clicking the download button at the top.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 7:00 PM
  • Please respond to ZigZag3143x's questions listed earlier...

To repeat

Have you turned verifier off?  to do so type verifier /reset .

Friday, August 23, 2013 11:05 PM
  • Have you turned verifier off?

I stated that verifier would not allow the system go beyond the the windows logo due to a black screen. If that's the case, I would need to turn it off in order to post again.

New dmps

Nothing. I recently uninstalled avg which scanned my computer for viruses and found nothing after several scans as admin and in safe mode.

I don't have bit locker on my computer and if I do, its not showing in the programs list or my file directory.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:51 AM
  • GS

You do have bitlocker, and did you re-install networking?  The newest DMPS are still saying tcpip.sys but without driver verifier we cant tell you what is killing it.

At some point you are going to have to consider a repair install or clean install

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:43 AM
  • GS

Unfortunately the "button" yields a print out not a file as I had said initially

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:48 AM
  • I don't know how to upload the CBS as a file.

I don't know how to get rid of bitlocker since it does not show up in any file directory, its not in the programs list and searching using the start menu or through explorer brings up nothing.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:59 AM
  • Grizz

Take the cbs.log and zip it as you would a DMP then upload as you would for a dmp file.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:48 AM
  • CBS.zip

uploaded as a zip.

Thanks for your patience. I don't know what I am doing.

• Edited by Grizzlysol Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:07 PM
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:06 PM
  • bamp

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:24 PM
  • Even

Sorry real life intruded.  The most important file that could not be repaired is PINTLGB.IMD.  If you search for it you can find where it is (and perhaps what it is).  If you search Google you can see it is often the cause especially in ASUS computers.  It appears to be related to AMD and might benifit from a BIOS upgrade.

The google results are not conclusive.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:56 PM