none
Public Folder Database grows constantly

Question

• Hello!

We get a strange behaviour of our Exchange 2010 (SP1). The public folder database is growing constantly. It only contains about 5GB of user content and the system folders like OAB. But it's size is now about 130GB with almost no whitespace!

I have changed the deleted items retention time from 30 to 15 days. The next morning, there where 2 more gigabytes available as whitespace. So I think database maintenance is running fine.

Currently the database is not growing, but about twice a day there are many logs written.

I've read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2621266/en-us, but we don't use journalling or archiving. Also, the problem only occurs in the public folder database, not the mailbox databases.

Do you know this problem? Is there a way to open the logfiles with a viewer to see which elements are modified in the transaction?

Or as a last resort, am I able to create a second public folder database and copy all folders to the new database? I think this is not possible in a single server setup, is it?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Manuel

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:45 AM

All replies