none
Delete key in on screen keyboard for Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet?

Question

• Using Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet. The software, onscreen keyboard does not have a Delete key. That makes it very hard to do any editing after highlighting a block of text. Hitting the backspace key takes it out of the block edit mode and just deletes on letter at a time. Anyone know if this is a general Windows tablet problem or possibly some unique to the Dell Venu Pro 8 tablet? I would like to change the keyboard layout to include the Delete key. Also, is there setting so it could recognize when to capitalize a word? I would think that my Sumsung phone would not have a better software keyboard, but it has a much, much better version in SwiftKey.
    Monday, July 21, 2014 7:55 PM

Answers

• I guess you mean the "touch keyboard" ?

There is a "keyboard selector" key in the bottom right hand corner, which allows you to select alternative layouts - have you tried that?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by DKnapp1117 Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:26 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 9:39 PM

All replies

• I guess you mean the "touch keyboard" ?

There is a "keyboard selector" key in the bottom right hand corner, which allows you to select alternative layouts - have you tried that?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by DKnapp1117 Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:26 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 9:39 PM
  • That was not it, but someone else mentioned that in the Charms section it was possible to turn on a full keyboard with function keys and a delete key. It is not as roomy and I don't think it provides hints, but it is a regular keyboard. Thanks for the suggestion thoug.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:26 AM