none
Lync Client 2013 is hang, when switch language

Question

• Dear Expert,

My customer already deploy Lync 2013 server. They are using Lync client when they switch the language by using curl. The Lync client will be hang every time. many machine has the same problem. Please help to suggest the root cause.

Thank you in advance. 

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 3:58 PM

All replies

• According to my understanding, if you want to change the Lync 2013 client language, you need to change the default language for Office programs.

Steps to set the default editing language in Office:

1. Open a Microsoft Office program, such as Word.

2. Click File > Options > Language.

3. In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Editing Languages, select the editing language that you want to use, click the name of the language that you want to be the default language, click Set as Default.

4. After you change the default editing language, you need to close all your Office programs, and then open them again for the change to take effect.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:07 AM
  • Thank you, I already try. It does not work, sometime has a problem. But I have 3 customers have face the same problem. They have used Windows 7.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Please try to use Office Customization Tool to customize Office 2013 installation with the language you specified.

For the details about Office Customization Tool, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097.aspx

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 02, 2014 3:41 AM
  • Hi I use Lync 2013.

I found a problem too. How to config for fix Lync 2013 hang on when switch langauge.

Thank you.

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Did you try Office customization tools?
    Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:15 AM
  • It does not work because in your link OCT is not supported Lync 2013. please suggest the right solution.

You can use the OCT to provide default user settings for the following Office applications:

• Microsoft Access 2013

• Microsoft Excel 2013

• Microsoft InfoPath 2013

• Microsoft Office 2013

• Microsoft OneNote 2013

• Microsoft Outlook 2013

• Microsoft PowerPoint 2013

• Microsoft Project 2013

• Microsoft Publisher 2013

• Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013

• Microsoft Visio 2013

• Microsoft Word 2013

Thursday, February 06, 2014 5:00 AM
  • Hello

Do you have easy manual to Office customization tools for thai langauge. fix Lync hang on when switch langauge.

Friday, February 28, 2014 11:12 AM