none
Empty tag profile

Question

• Is social tag indexing somehow different in SP 2013?

Are there any properties that have to be added to the index to make it work?

By default TagProfile is empty on my box. Crawl is running, no errors there.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• Yes and No.  Their are "flows" that are executed now that tell the crawler what to do when it is crawling content.  one of the flows is to check the tagging information on each type of object.  This data will go into the crawled properties which of course are  mapped to the managed properties.

In my fresh instance of Search 2013, their is no TagProfile managed property.  Which would make be think that you need to add it or change the mapped crawled properties to match the old behavior.

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:57 PM
  • I have the same problem. In my dev environment, if I click on a tag to view its tagprofile.aspx page, I am noticing that in the "All" section I can't see anything, while if I click on "Popular within last 60 days" I correctly see tagged documents.

This is easily explainable because the "Popular within last 60 days" is retrieving documents using object model, while "All" is using a search.

This is coherent with the fact that, if I search for SocialTagId:"<tag_guid>" I am not able to retrieve anything and, at the same time, using a Content Search web part, if I try to filter by tag, I have zero results.

It is quite clear that the managed property SocialTagId (which exists by default but it's not mapped to any crawled property, at least explicitly) is not getting indexed, but I don't know what to do to make this happen and this is very frustrating.

This is what I tried, without success:

• Flagged the option for the doclib: "Save metadata on this list as social tags"
    • Remove the security for the links (in MySites settings)
    • Included in the index the crawled properties: TaxKeyword and People:SocialTagTextUrl (like explained by Wes Hackett here: http://weshackett.com/2010/07/getting-tags-to-display-their-profile-and-search/)
    • Give the search account full control, at any level, over the managed metadata service app
    • Delete and recreate the Search Service Application

After each change, I run the Social Data Maintenance timer job, reset the index and execute a full crawl of content sources (both content and people).

The only thing I didn't try is to map SocialTagId with some crawled property (which? TaxKeyword?), because I think it's quite awkward to having to do this to make an OOB feature work correctly.

Any advice?

Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Michele,

Thanks for describing the issue so clearly.  I'm experiencing the exact same behavior - did you have any luck figuring out the solution to this?

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:23 PM
  • I have the same problem. In my dev environment, if I click on a tag to view its tagprofile.aspx page, I am noticing that in the "All" section I can't see anything, while if I click on "Popular within last 60 days" I correctly see tagged documents.

This is easily explainable because the "Popular within last 60 days" is retrieving documents using object model, while "All" is using a search.

This is coherent with the fact that, if I search for SocialTagId:"<tag_guid>" I am not able to retrieve anything and, at the same time, using a Content Search web part, if I try to filter by tag, I have zero results.

It is quite clear that the managed property SocialTagId (which exists by default but it's not mapped to any crawled property, at least explicitly) is not getting indexed, but I don't know what to do to make this happen and this is very frustrating.

This is what I tried, without success:

• Flagged the option for the doclib: "Save metadata on this list as social tags"
    • Remove the security for the links (in MySites settings)
    • Included in the index the crawled properties: TaxKeyword and People:SocialTagTextUrl (like explained by Wes Hackett here: http://weshackett.com/2010/07/getting-tags-to-display-their-profile-and-search/)
    • Give the search account full control, at any level, over the managed metadata service app
    • Delete and recreate the Search Service Application

After each change, I run the Social Data Maintenance timer job, reset the index and execute a full crawl of content sources (both content and people).

The only thing I didn't try is to map SocialTagId with some crawled property (which? TaxKeyword?), because I think it's quite awkward to having to do this to make an OOB feature work correctly.

Any advice?

Hi Michele ,got any solution? i m also facing the exact problem
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Has anyone figured this out?
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Vasco,Please check the similar issue

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/a475a4c7-c22b-4764-90d1-a704106feeb8/sharepoint-online-tag-profile-empty

Please mark it as answer if this helps in resolving your query,it will help other members facing the same issue

• Proposed as answer by Aditya Gandhe Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:29 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:29 AM
  • I cannot find any way to make it work. My SP version is 15.0.4420.1017. Can anyone confirm than any later CU fixes this?

Note: It is not solution to this exact problem but may be a workaround - if you accept customizations then you can build a new web part (deriving from the existing one) as desribed here (search for SharePoint-2010-build-a-TagCloud-web-part-that-works-with-enterprise-keywords-tags) and manipulate links in tag cloud web part - I tried and it works in SP2013.

• Edited by elzacharoo Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:12 AM typos corrections
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:11 AM
  • Hi

We are having a similar issue in that the tag cloud appears but when anyone of the tags in the cloud is clicked, we are taken to the my_site/tagprofile.aspx?termid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX page but we just get the message There are no available items taged with #tagname. Clicking the Popular within the last 60 days doesn't return any results either.

I've set both the timer jobs ("user profile service application - social data maintenance job" and "user profile service application - social rating synchronisation job")to run every 10 minutes and they are completing successfully. Can anyone suggest anything else?

We are running version 15.0.4481.1005

cheers,
    clarky

• Edited by _clarky_ Monday, March 03, 2014 6:28 AM
    Monday, March 03, 2014 6:21 AM
  • Just to follow up, after setting the timer jobs and waiting overnight things were working in the morning.
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:01 PM