none
LiteTouch.vbs end with an error

Question

• Hi,

I am running LiteTouch.vbs manually to join the workgroup machine to the domain but I get an Wizard error. Currently machine is in workgroup and logged in as administrator. I have deploy media on USB drive (no network share)

Wizard Error

You must be running with Administrator rights. The deployment cannot proceed.

Regards

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:21 PM

All replies

• Try opening a Command Prompt as an Admin (right-click 'Run as Administrator') and then running LiteTouch.vbs.  Just because you are an admin on the machine, it doesn't mean you are always running in Admin context, as it depends on how UAC has been configured.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:29 PM
  • Hi David,

thx for your reply. Actually Litetouch.vbs is behaving very weird.  Sometime ""Recover from Domain"  steps works. machine joins to the domain, reboots and then below Wizard error comes. I don't get any TS failure message also , it just that whatever tasks are after "recovery from domain" never runs. If I run rerun the Litetouch again manually, it does the remaining steps and gives the final summary. Is there anything I can define in TS (any variable or any step) that can help me avoiding the wizard error on reboot and continue with the new steps in TS?

My TS has only 4 tasks , first "Recovery from domain, set group policy and other 2 applications.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:43 PM