none
MDT 2012 keeps trying to access old deployment share

Question

• I've set up a new deployment share for MDT 2012 but when I try to load systems that have been loaded from the old MDT share it keeps trying to load from that old share and fails. If it's a new system, there's no problem, it works as it should. I only experience this on systems that have been loaded from the old deployment share. Any ideas/solutions? 
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:12 PM

All replies

• On your old systems, do you still have the "minint" folder on them?

Are you deploying from a CD or pxe?

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Thank you for your response. I'm doing LiteTouch install from a CD.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

Check the deployment share properties and the bootstrap.ini file. Make sure the share is correct.

Then, regenerate the boot image by updating the deployment share.

Revue du Geek | Astuces pour déployer Windows 7

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The suggestions that you've made, I've already done multiple times, and like I had posted earlier, it works with out error on new systems that haven't been loaded from the previous MDT share.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:04 PM
  • On a machine that has this issue, in Full OS try running the LTICleanup.wsf script directly, then running your deployment from the CD.

Also, in your BDD.log, toward the very top of the log should be a line like "Property DeployRoot is now = \\servername\share$".   Is that the correct MDT share or the old one?  Then a few below that should be another "About to run command: wscript.exe "\\servername\share$\Scripts\ZTIGather.wsf" /inifile:Bootstrap.ini".  Old MDT share or new one?

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Do a quick test.
    On a machine, try to format the drive before running the deployment, tell us if it works

Revue du Geek | Astuces pour déployer Windows 7

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Your suggestion sounds credible and I will diffinitely give that a try. The only problem, is that some of these machines you can't boot and log on to. I was hoping there would be something I could add to the task that would just cause it to ignore everything and reload it.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. What you suggested is the manner in which I resolve the problem. I use a boot disk that I can run fdisk off of and delete the partition.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:33 PM