none
error message

Question

•  I am trying to install Office Home and student 2010 on a second computer and am also trying to download Java`s latest version and I keep receiving this message::error 1606. Could not access network location %APPDATA%\

I went to Microsoft help and downloaded 2 Fix it suggestions and that didnt fix the problems. The two downloads were :

Microsoft fix it 50356

Microsoft fix it  50461

Please help.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Ensure that you are logged into the Administrator account then try to install.

If that fails then try:

• Clicking Start->Run
    • Type cmd and click Ok
    • In the command prompt type: echo %appdata%
    • Include the results in a Reply on this forum (should look something like C:\Users\administrator\AppData\local)

Tyler

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Ensure that you are logged into the Administrator account then try to install.

If that fails then try:

• Clicking Start->Run
    • Type cmd and click Ok
    • In the command prompt type: echo %appdata%
    • Include the results in a Reply on this forum (should look something like C:\Users\administrator\AppData\local)

Tyler

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:21 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Monday, June 13, 2011 1:07 PM