none
SSAS and Proclarity

Question

• Hi I'm new to SSAS and Proclarity.

After installing Proclarity I got the following errors:

1) PAS has not been assigned database user properties.  How do I create a specified user in SQl Server Management Studio 2005?

2) PAS has not been added to a database role.  How do I add a user to the SQL role for the database?

I'm also having trouble connecting to the server in the Analytics Server Administration Tool.  When I try to enter a username and pw I see the following error: "server error: an error occurred retrieving the SDL file"

The setup and admin guide is not very helpful.  Could you please give me a more detailed explanation?

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hello d-limiter,

1)  Create the PAS user under SQL Management Studio's Security / Logins folder.  The PAS user will need datareader and datawriter righst. 
    2)  You'll need to add users via the ProClarity Admin Tool, which doesn't appear to be working for you.  You may add 'Everyone' to the Admin Role within the ProClarity_PAS database, in turn giving your user creds the appropriate access.  Here are the steps:

1. From the SQL Management Studio, open the Briefing Book database (by default this is named ProClarity_PAS).
    2. Return all rows for the 'Roles' table.
    3. Find the 'Administrator' record and copy the 'RoleID' GUID for this record to
    the clipboard.
    4. Close the 'Roles' table.
    5. Return all rows for the 'Members' table.
    6. Navigate to the bottom of this table and place the cursor in a new record.
    7. Paste the GUID from step 3 into the 'MemberID' column.
    8. In the 'Caption' column, type "Everyone".
    9. In the 'SID' column, type "S-1-1-0".
    10. The 'Created By' column should have "ProClarity" entered, and the 'CreatedTime' and 'ModifiedTime' columns can be blank.
    11. Paste the GUID from step 3 into the 'RoleID' column.
    12. The 'MemberType' column should contain the test "UNIVERSAL".
    13. Save the table and close it.

NOTE: This will place the 'Everyone' group in the PAS administrator role. This is likely not a desirable model as it will give all users administrative privileges on PAS. When security has been setup, remove the 'Everyone' group from the admin role.

If this process doesn't help your situation, I recommend reinstalling PAS and using a strong sa password when doing so.  P@ssw0rd1! is a good example of a strong password.  We've seen cases whereas weak passwords prohibit creation of certain database attributes.

Please let us know if you still need assistance,
    Amanda

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by d-limiter Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hello d-limiter,

1)  Create the PAS user under SQL Management Studio's Security / Logins folder.  The PAS user will need datareader and datawriter righst. 
    2)  You'll need to add users via the ProClarity Admin Tool, which doesn't appear to be working for you.  You may add 'Everyone' to the Admin Role within the ProClarity_PAS database, in turn giving your user creds the appropriate access.  Here are the steps:

1. From the SQL Management Studio, open the Briefing Book database (by default this is named ProClarity_PAS).
    2. Return all rows for the 'Roles' table.
    3. Find the 'Administrator' record and copy the 'RoleID' GUID for this record to
    the clipboard.
    4. Close the 'Roles' table.
    5. Return all rows for the 'Members' table.
    6. Navigate to the bottom of this table and place the cursor in a new record.
    7. Paste the GUID from step 3 into the 'MemberID' column.
    8. In the 'Caption' column, type "Everyone".
    9. In the 'SID' column, type "S-1-1-0".
    10. The 'Created By' column should have "ProClarity" entered, and the 'CreatedTime' and 'ModifiedTime' columns can be blank.
    11. Paste the GUID from step 3 into the 'RoleID' column.
    12. The 'MemberType' column should contain the test "UNIVERSAL".
    13. Save the table and close it.

NOTE: This will place the 'Everyone' group in the PAS administrator role. This is likely not a desirable model as it will give all users administrative privileges on PAS. When security has been setup, remove the 'Everyone' group from the admin role.

If this process doesn't help your situation, I recommend reinstalling PAS and using a strong sa password when doing so.  P@ssw0rd1! is a good example of a strong password.  We've seen cases whereas weak passwords prohibit creation of certain database attributes.

Please let us know if you still need assistance,
    Amanda

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by d-limiter Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:24 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

I need your help!  I'm getting the "An error occurred retriving the SDL file:  OLE error 80072EFD" when installing ProClarity 6.3 on a brand new Win 2008 64-bit server.

I just followed the steps you listed here, but no luck still.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now.  Do you have any new suggestions?

Thanks,

Brandy Romello

Monday, December 20, 2010 4:31 PM