none
Lync 14.0.5

Question

• I'm running Lync 14.0.5 and from what I can see on the various forums and the internet, the built in facetime HD camera's on the Mac Book Pro's does not seem to work with Lync.  I'm looking at alternative camera's and searching for Camera's that are lync optimized has not helped me finding camera's that are supported on Mac's.

Most camera's work fine in every other program like skype, and facetime, and the messages client, but when it comes to Lync it seems pretty thin about camera support.

I'm hoping others here who have experience with the mac clients can help guide me with the right webcams to use, or even how to get the built in camera to work correctly.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• I have the exact same issue -- it's a known incompatibility that Microsoft needs to fix: searchTS4552 on Apple's website

A USB camera works fine.

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:34 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Test with the USB camera. Any one that is available around you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:01 AM
  • I have the exact same issue -- it's a known incompatibility that Microsoft needs to fix: searchTS4552 on Apple's website

A USB camera works fine.

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:34 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 2:56 PM