none
DPM can not access the path \backup using Child Partition Snapshot

Question

• Hi, I have DPM 20k10 with protecting a Hyper-V win 2008 R2 where I have 5 VMS. It was working fine since 1 year, since last week, I started having jobs not completed and alerts indicating that Recovery point failed to be created. The reason indicated was

"DPM can not access the path \backup using Child Partition Snapshot \mymachine because part of the path has been deleted or renamed".

I searched this forum and googled a little bit, I didn't find anything related to this error. Knowing that I have never changed anything on the Hyper-V machine nor on the DPM server except continous Microsoft security updates.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:33 AM

All replies

• I am not able to find any information based on the snipet you have provided from the error.  Can you please provide the complete alert DPM receives when you experience this problem?

Also, it may be that the path to the VM has changed because of the use of snapshots (.avhd) in the Hyper-V Manager.  If any snapshots have been taken, delete them and see if the problem remains.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:46 PM