none
how can i open document in edit mode which is coming from content querry web part.

Question

• Hi All,

I am using Content Querry web part for displaying site notification. It is displaying all information correctly. Like my documents library, tasks, disscussion board etc. The problem is when i am trying to open any link of any document, it is not opening in edit mode. ie. the document is not opening in editing mode. I want to open it in editing mode please suggest me how to do that.

I am also attaching my screen shot with this question. The document i am having page name or FTP_CodeforSuraj are not opening in edit mode please give me sugesstion.

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Amol,

You can add that Document library webpart below the Content Query web part in your SharePoint 2007, which can be used to open .txt and .doc files in edit mode.

You need to firstly set “Require Check Out” value as “yes” from that Document Library Settings > Versioning Settings, then check the result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:15 AM
  • Be sure you have appropriate permissions. If you don't have "write" permissions, you would not be able to open documents in edit mode.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Amol,

You can add that Document library webpart below the Content Query web part in your SharePoint 2007, which can be used to open .txt and .doc files in edit mode.

You need to firstly set “Require Check Out” value as “yes” from that Document Library Settings > Versioning Settings, then check the result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:15 AM
  • Be sure you have appropriate permissions. If you don't have "write" permissions, you would not be able to open documents in edit mode.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:10 PM