none
Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Issues

Question

• I have found out that SP2 for Exchange Server is available. However i would like to know something before i proceed. When upgrading from 2010 to SP1, there was a huge problem with the 'Default Web Site Directory', since our organization changed it to 'Default WebSite' from 'Default Web Site'. There was an error thrown

Error ( message:Cannot find APP object with identifier "Default Web Site/owa)

It seemed because of a small space between the word 'Website' our installation failed. Since we could not reinstall exchange or IIS we were stuck with a broken installation. But all the files got patched and exchange console shows sp1 and we solved all the errors by recreating folders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i would like to know whether the SP2 can detect where the OWA folder exists irrespective of the Default Website Name. Has any one made a successful update to SP2 with no errors?

Regards

Sheldon 

MVI - Most Valuable Indian
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:42 PM

All replies

• I really don't think anyone can answer that question.  If I were you, I'd fix that somehow.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:24 PM
  • This was a huge problem upgrading to Exchange 2010 SP1. Many people posted to various forums regarding this issue. I just want to know whether the SP2 pack has a compatibility check which recognizes the flaw first, instead of finding it midway and messing up Exchange.
    MVI - Most Valuable Indian
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:52 AM
  • We have something called OWA mini is Sp2 for your information .

Unfortunately ,renaming Default Web site to 'Default WebSite' might give us some issues while upgrading.

There is no such tools where it can check for it.

I prefer to plan in on the weekend . and some down time (if required) to have a successfull upgrade 

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:41 PM